REM

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: REM

Post by MiB81 »

My first real girlfriend had fantastic taste (in music, at least) and got me into
a lot of great bands early on. I got a better appreciation for Psychedelic Furs,
Cure etc, and she introduced me to The Sisters, SOD and a load of that ilk. And REM.
She had seen them recently at Nitemoves in Glasgow, on their first UK tour in '84.
I still love everything on the first 2 albums, and still regularly play Reckoning, but kinda
lost any fervor after Fables.
To repay my then girlfriend I, in turn, had been punting The Stranglers to her, and took her to
see them at the Aural Sculpture gig at the Glasgow Apollo.
We finished within months.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

MiB81 wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 10:43 My first real girlfriend had fantastic taste (in music, at least) and got me into
a lot of great bands early on. I got a better appreciation for Psychedelic Furs,
Cure etc, and she introduced me to The Sisters, SOD and a load of that ilk. And REM.
She had seen them recently at Nitemoves in Glasgow, on their first UK tour in '84.
I still love everything on the first 2 albums, and still regularly play Reckoning, but kinda
To repay my then girlfriend I, in turn, had been punting The Stranglers to her, and took her to
REM
😂🤣😂🤣
Shush this is serious
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
MiB81 wrote: 16 Sep 2023, 10:43 My first real girlfriend had fantastic taste (in music, at least) and got me into
REM
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

MiB81 wrote:My first real girlfriend had fantastic taste (in music, at least) and got me into
Sorts the women out from the girls.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

gjinblack wrote: 17 Sep 2023, 00:04
MiB81 wrote:My first real girlfriend had fantastic taste (in music, at least) and got me into
Sorts the women out from the girls.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
:wink: It did indeed mate. :smt006
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I would burn every single record that was ever pressed by them and erase them from the history of music.

OK!

I admit it!

I don't like them!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

Thought the original REM were pretty good. Not around very long but John Ellis did a pretty good job with them.
A shame there's hardly any live stuff of theirs around.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974