argeggio no more heroes

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

wakefield
SHAKESPEARO

argeggio no more heroes

Post by wakefield »

hi forum - apologies if this question is in wrong place.....can anyone tell me what dave greenfield is playing on chorus of no more heroes [the fast arpeggio bit] i can get rest of song including solo from listening but its difficult to decipher exactly wot is Being played - i cud guess and get close but does anyone know or seen tab or transcription or slowed it down enough?

im not in a tribute but adding to set

replies much appreciated cheers
thanks for replies
dave
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Dave use your ears and work it out yourself, it's the best way otherwise you just become lazy and end up learning nothing.
I did the same with Duchess a while back, worked Dave's arpeggios out on Guitar which I produced by doing a combination of pull off's, hammer ons and by also tapping the fretboard with the right hands fingers.
Took me a while but I felt good that I had accomplished something when I finally nailed it.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Dave use your ears and work it out yourself, it's the best way otherwise you just become lazy and end up learning nothing.
I did the same with Duchess a while back, worked Dave's arpeggios out on Guitar which I produced by doing a combination of pull off's, hammer ons and by also tapping the fretboard with the right hands fingers.
Took me a while but I felt good and that I had accomplised something when I finally nailed it.
...And he's only got one rusted string on his guitar too. 8)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Alias wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Dave use your ears and work it out yourself, it's the best way otherwise you just become lazy and end up learning nothing.
Took me a while but I felt good and that I had accomplised something when I finally nailed it.
...And he's only got one rusted string on his guitar too. 8)
:lol:
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

one way to get a clue is to find a midi file and view the track in Cubase or similar
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Another smart arse answer, if your interested;
ahem...*cue John Major type voice* ahem...
Hammond L100 Organ, Hohner Cembalet electric piano, Minimoog synthesizer...3 pints of cheap Dutch lager.

Sorry.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

wakefield
SHAKESPEARO

Post by wakefield »

I normally use my ears and I have done this and have a version I think he is playing - I also have a midi file and it is different from whatI think he is playing but works at speed- also slowedin down in cubase but the quality ges so crop itsbetterto listen at speed -just wanted to see if anyone else has opionions on what is actually being played so that I can fine tunew my version

probably use the dutch lager method....
thanks for replies
dave
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Play by ear all the way - never did Les Dawson any harm did it?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

"I am playing all the right notes... but not necessarily in the right order."
wakefield
SHAKESPEARO

Post by wakefield »

sussed it 100%
thanks for replies
dave
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

wakefield wrote:sussed it 100%
;-) And the evidence........? :o
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:
wakefield wrote:sussed it 100%
;-) And the evidence........? :o
WE DEMAND PROOF, DAAAMN IT MAN!