Bands you're glad you saw live......

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Bands you're glad you saw live......

Post by ThinkTank »

Palais23 wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 14:30
Waffle waitress wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 10:20 I'm always glad l saw Bad News when they toured in the 80s (?) Ill always remember it as a fun show, a cross between actual live music, and comedy theatre. To have seen the Comic Strip members was a thrill, and l even wore the tour shirt for a long time afterwards
I saw Bad News at Reading Fest 87 - even Brian May joined them for Bohemian Rhapsody! (This pre-dated Wayne's World).
All this talk of bands we have seen has started me compiling all the bands I have seen (with a little help from the t'internet to jog my memory). So far I have seen bands with names starting with every letter of the alphabet- except "X". I certainly didn't see Xray Spex or XTC, but I need to check my old tickets to see if I saw Xmal Deutschland- who potentially played with Crazyhead in 87. Otherwise, I need to search for a current band beginning with X just to complete the full house!
If you went to festivals you must have seen Xmal Deutschland I'm pretty sure they were on the bill at everything in the 80s/90s

If you was at the Stranglers gig on the dreamtime tour at Wembley Arena 1986 Xmal Deutschland supported the boys back then.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

ThinkTank wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 15:58
Waffle waitress wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 10:20 I'm always glad l saw Bad News when they toured in the 80s (?) Ill always remember it as a fun show, a cross between actual live music, and comedy theatre. To have seen the Comic Strip members was a thrill, and l even wore the tour shirt for a long time afterwards
I saw Bad News at Reading Fest 87 - even Brian May joined them for Bohemian Rhapsody! (This pre-dated Wayne's World).
All this talk of bands we have seen has started me compiling all the bands I have seen (with a little help from the t'internet to jog my memory). So far I have seen bands with names starting with every letter of the alphabet- except "X". I certainly didn't see Xray Spex or XTC, but I need to check my old tickets to see if I saw Xmal Deutschland- who potentially played with Crazyhead in 87. Otherwise, I need to search for a current band beginning with X just to complete the full house!
If you went to festivals you must have seen Xmal Deutschland I'm pretty sure they were on the bill at everything in the 80s/90s

If you was at the Stranglers gig on the dreamtime tour at Wembley Arena 1986 Xmal Deutschland supported the boys back then.
I don't remember this so much but apparently they supported The Stranglers for the whole Dreamtime tour not just Wembley. No wonder it feels like i have seen Xmal far too many times for it to be a good thing.
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

ThinkTank wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 16:08

I don't remember this so much but apparently they supported The Stranglers for the whole Dreamtime tour not just Wembley. No wonder it feels like i have seen Xmal far too many times for it to be a good thing.
Brilliant- thanks very much. I did see the Stranglers on the Dreamtime tour (Bournemouth). You've probably saved me from goung to see a Swedish Black Metal band beginning with X!!
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Palais23 wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 16:46
ThinkTank wrote: 27 Oct 2023, 16:08

Brilliant- thanks very much. I did see the Stranglers on the Dreamtime tour (Bournemouth). You've probably saved me from goung to see a Swedish Black Metal band beginning with X!!
lol Your welcome there was no way i could live in ease and happiness with that on my conscience :grin:
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

Xmal did the Dreamtour 86
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!