Four more heros reforming ????

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

I've seen a lot of tribute bands where I used to work and surprisingly they tend to pull quite reasonable crowds. They must do quite well out of it. Can't say I've ever seen a cover band though.
How deep?
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

The Real One! wrote:
I suppose a tribute band try and look and sound-a-like whereas a covers band just plays the songs....
I'd love to see a proper Stranglers tribute band then!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Why don't you start one? You're a bit of a short arse but maybe you could do a cut down version of em? :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Babeinblack wrote:I totally agree nobody said they were going to be a tribute band :x they just want to do covers of stranglers songs & enjoy playing their music :roll:
What's the difference between a 'covers' band and a 'tribute' band then?
A tribute band is dedicated to playing a selection of music of one particular band. Many of them take on a name that references the original band, and dress and act in the same way, and go all out to impersonate the originals.
A covers band simply play cover versions of songs from other bands. Usually a selection of different songs from several bands, rather than their own original material.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

theraven1979 wrote:Why don't you start one? You're a bit of a short arse but maybe you could do a cut down version of em? :lol:

Jim
Why do things by halves :?: :?
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

ravenlunatic wrote: A tribute band is dedicated to playing a selection of music of one particular band. Many of them take on a name that references the original band, and dress and act in the same way, and go all out to impersonate the originals.
A covers band simply play cover versions of songs from other bands. Usually a selection of different songs from several bands, rather than their own original material.
Thanks for trying to clear that one up Senor lunatic :smt023

However!

Still confused by the original post. Which hinted at a "reform" , of '4MoreHeroes' who are widely acknowledged as being a 'tribute band'. If, indeed, the new act are a 'covers' band then they aren't reforming anything because '4MoreHeroes' weren't a covers band ( they were a tribute band I'm lead to believe) and will be brand new.

Soz for being picky, but it sounds like the new band will be covering Stranglers songs only but will not be a tribute band but a 'covers' band.

Confused? You will be :shock:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Last night we went to a 50th birthday party that had a covers band playing, strangely featuring 2 female singers. I use the term "singers" in the loosest form, as that is, I believe what they were trying to do, though despite their best efforts, they were failing somewhat in this regard.
On the plus side, the 2 guitarists and drummer perfectly matched the vocalists on the talent scale.

A number of words could be used to describe the noise thus created: Dire, flat, dirge, tuneless, cacophony, etc. I attempted to add interest to the affair by trying to guess what song it was that they were slaughtering, but this proved impossible, and so as the clock passed 11, we considered it sufficiently late to slip away without appearing rude.
We said a few goodbyes and thanked our host, who then announced "Oh its a shame your off now, the're going to do a couple of Stranglers numbers in a minute".

As we hastily made our way to the car park, we could hear the strains of "No More Heroes", or was it "Summer Of '69"? Difficult to tell.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Radar
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Four more heros reforming ????

Post by Radar »

Babeinblack wrote:I've heard from a reliable source that shaggy & mick who were the bass player & keyboard player of four more heroes are to reform a stranglers covers band all members are already in place, rehearsals start in the next few weeks and should be gigging mid summer ;-)

Well..whats the news.......cant wait to hear the stranglers again
Get on with it
Old Codger
Rats Rally

Post by Old Codger »

'Borat' is apparently filming a Freddy Mercury tribute, I can see that would work.

If you want to see cover bands in action then book yourself in to the nearest Haven holiday camp, I have to endure this once a year.

Good luck to anyone who tries to emulate the Stranglers, they have a hard act to follow.
Are these the devil, are they four (again)?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

4MH won't be "reforming" anyway - Their guitarist/singer is in another band now

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

theraven1979 wrote:4MH won't be "reforming" anyway - Their guitarist/singer is in another band now

Jim

CCW Tribute band by any chance?

:grin:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

theraven1979 wrote:4MH won't be "reforming" anyway - Their guitarist/singer is in another band now

Jim
Nice to be playing again too. Roll on "Pub Idle" :grin:

The Stranglers Tribute gauntlet just lying there on the floor.....or is it Cinderella's over stretched slipper.
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.