The Racing Post

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

The Racing Post

Post by PaulinLondon »

As they enter the final furlong it’s theraven 1979 way, way out in front from the rest of the pack, eagerly in the sights of Gizzard and his rider, Shuggy Cromwell. Crass is in third with the rest of the pack close behind; these remarkable horses sweating profusely in this glorious Aintree sunshine. This has been a spectacular race. Organ Grinder follows from Crass with Dom P holding well in fifth. Next, there is raveninblack, out for part of this season but riding well. Alias and Paulinblack fight it out between themselves as they hold at seventh and eighth respectively; both horses visible at practically all the major meetings this season. Behind this pack and plainly with fuck all chance of catching theraven 1979, I can just make out the last two horses : ThruBeingCool, a quite remarkable four legged wonder and the only horse ridden by a Cyberman from the original Doctor Who series. I can see the Cyberman. What is his name ? John ? Steve ? Derek ? Who cares ! It's a Cyberman riding the thoroughbred ThruBeingCool and he's looking over his shoulder, menacingly pointing his whip as he sees the fast approaching paulinlondon and behind him, hang on, I'll just don my binoculars and yes, I think it is Rich ! "We want Rich ! We want Rich !" shout the crowd, eagerly willing him back with the frontrunners. This has been a fantastic race but I'm bursting for a pint and nursing a semi so I'll hand you back to Peter.
Last edited by PaulinLondon on 01 Dec 2006, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: The Racing Post

Post by MULLY »

PaulinLondon wrote:As they enter the final furlong it’s theraven 1979 way, way out in front from the rest of the pack, eagerly in the sights of Gizzard and his rider, Shuggy Cromwell. Crass is in third with the rest of the pack close behind; these remarkable horses sweating profusely in this glorious Aintree sunshine. This has been a remarkable race. Organ Grinder follows from Crass with Dom P holding well in fifth. Next, there is raveninblack, out for part of this season but riding well. Alias and Paulinblack fight it out between themselves as they hold at seventh and eighth respectively; both horses visible at practically all the major meetings this season. Behind this pack and plainly with fuck all chance of catching theraven 1979, I can just make out the last two horses : ThruBeingCool, a quite remarkable four legged wonder and the only horse ridden by a Cyberman from the original Doctor Who series. I can see the Cyberman. What is his name ? John ? Steve ? Derek ? Who cares ! It's a Cyberman riding the thoroughbred ThruBeingCool and he's looking over his shoulder, menacingly pointing his whip as he sees the fast approaching paulinlondon and behind him, hang on, I'll just don my binoculars and yes, I think it is Rich ! "We want Rich ! We want Rich !" shout the crowd, eagerly willing him back with the frontrunners. This has been a fantastic race but I'm bursting for a pint and nursing a semi so I'll hand you back to Peter.
You sure its just Nurofen you've been taking today? :grin: :grin:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Why is it Jim's leading??

:smile:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:As they enter the final furlong it’s theraven 1979 way, way out in front from the rest of the pack, eagerly in the sights of Gizzard and his rider, Shuggy Cromwell. Crass is in third with the rest of the pack close behind; these remarkable horses sweating profusely in this glorious Aintree sunshine. This has been a remarkable race. Organ Grinder follows from Crass with Dom P holding well in fifth. Next, there is raveninblack, out for part of this season but riding well. Alias and Paulinblack fight it out between themselves as they hold at seventh and eighth respectively; both horses visible at practically all the major meetings this season. Behind this pack and plainly with fuck all chance of catching theraven 1979, I can just make out the last two horses : ThruBeingCool, a quite remarkable four legged wonder and the only horse ridden by a Cyberman from the original Doctor Who series. I can see the Cyberman. What is his name ? John ? Steve ? Derek ? Who cares ! It's a Cyberman riding the thoroughbred ThruBeingCool and he's looking over his shoulder, menacingly pointing his whip as he sees the fast approaching paulinlondon and behind him, hang on, I'll just don my binoculars and yes, I think it is Rich ! "We want Rich ! We want Rich !" shout the crowd, eagerly willing him back with the frontrunners. This has been a fantastic race but I'm bursting for a pint and nursing a semi so I'll hand you back to Peter.
You sir, are a madman. :grin:

Now get back to work.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

And this kids, is the reason why we don't tend to advocate attending work with a hangover. Work will become just a minor distraction from more pressing duties such as aimless waffle in a vague attempt to rekindle Derek and Clive's golden moments. Far less likely to result in cerebral burnout ennit.

Give that man anothernuerofen! :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Got a VIP box at Wetherby tomorrow - any tips? (of a racing nature you effing cnuts)

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

theraven1979 wrote:Got a VIP box at Wetherby tomorrow - any tips? (of a racing nature you effing cnuts)

Jim
Yeah

Dusty Carpet. It's never been beaten

Or

Fishermans Net. Always good for a place.

:lol: :lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Did you hear about the horse that got a job in a watch factory? All he did was stand around making faces.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Alan A Hillier »

PaulinLondon wrote:As they enter the final furlong it’s theraven 1979 way, way out in front from the rest of the pack, eagerly in the sights of Gizzard and his rider, Shuggy Cromwell. Crass is in third with the rest of the pack close behind; these remarkable horses sweating profusely in this glorious Aintree sunshine. This has been a spectacular race. Organ Grinder follows from Crass with Dom P holding well in fifth. Next, there is raveninblack, out for part of this season but riding well. Alias and Paulinblack fight it out between themselves as they hold at seventh and eighth respectively; both horses visible at practically all the major meetings this season. Behind this pack and plainly with fuck all chance of catching theraven 1979, I can just make out the last two horses : ThruBeingCool, a quite remarkable four legged wonder and the only horse ridden by a Cyberman from the original Doctor Who series. I can see the Cyberman. What is his name ? John ? Steve ? Derek ? Who cares ! It's a Cyberman riding the thoroughbred ThruBeingCool and he's looking over his shoulder, menacingly pointing his whip as he sees the fast approaching paulinlondon and behind him, hang on, I'll just don my binoculars and yes, I think it is Rich ! "We want Rich ! We want Rich !" shout the crowd, eagerly willing him back with the frontrunners. This has been a fantastic race but I'm bursting for a pint and nursing a semi so I'll hand you back to Peter.

Quality post Paul :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
stranglersfan
Rats Rally

Post by stranglersfan »

Oh, the top ten posters.
I gettit..
Founder of Stranglers Info Service Canada

"Everybody Loves You When You're dead"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

And 'ThruBeingCool' was asked to comment about his current position in the forums league:

"Well, I gotta admit it's been a disappointing year 'post wise'. But all the odds have been stacked against me, quite honestly. First, I was 'binned' for a few days back in April. Then a new forum was invented so a few of my posts went elsewhere for a while. On top of this there has been the recent injury problems. (i.e. my brand new laptop had to go in for repair - due to a suspected alcohol spillage, but that's all I wanna say on this subject!).

Unfortunately though people take advantage of the situation. Take 'Paulinblack' for instance. Our post count was more or less level a few weeks ago. But did he do the gentlemanly thing and lay low himself for a while. Oh no! Stuck as many one-liners in as he could didn't he? Pah!

As for the likes of 'PaulinLondon' and 'Alias' well! Don't get me started! I estimate that 50% of their posts consist of either "Good Evening" or simply just an emoticon. I mean, anyone can do that! However, it's the likes of 'Gizzard' I blame for starting this type of trend. Oh! ...almost forgot about 'Ravenlunatic'. All I can say is, does wot it says on the tin.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not arsed at all about gaining a higher position. Good luck to those who are, that's wot I say. At the end of the day it's quality NOT quantity that counts. At least I'm safe in the knowledge that my posts are genuinely witty, thought-provoking, informative and entertaining. Ya know, a lot like wot Alan Hillier posts...."

At this point Mr ThruBeingCool was handed his coat and asked to leave the building.
loopallu
SHAKESPEARO

Tip for today at Sandown

Post by loopallu »

Timmy Murphy will go close on Miss Academy, 3.10 at Sandown. Studied the form all night and this will be a peach at 12/1