BBC Four

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here
Mitch K
Rats Rally

Post by Mitch K »

MULLY wrote:If it ain't Stiff, then it ain't worth a f**k.

Loved that T-shirt :lol:

New Stiff web-site (re)launched - and selling repro Tees.
I was sent home from school in '78 for wearing that badge :lol:
Robinson Crusoe - worked hard all week and was buggered by Friday
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

... or this comment - Graeme Douglas

"Welcome, friends. See the Kursaals fuck it up on BBC4 11.15pm, Friday 15 September. Watch Paul Shuttleworth discuss compost! See Will Birch try to get his leg over unsuccessfully! Watch yours truly attempt to hide at every available opportunity!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.graemedouglas.co.uk/

apparently he was in the Flyers but left to join Eddie and the Hot Rods and composed Do Anything You Wanna Do
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Was rather impressed with the Brinsley Schwartz tune off the Whistle Test - might get their album. Had a hammond organ ya see.... :roll:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: BBC Four

Post by theraven1979 »

I quite liked it - I wouldn't buy any of their stuff as I'm not into it but the documentary is pretty interesting.

Jim
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:will probably be shite when I watch it now
Jim
How right you are, a poor mans Roxy Music.
Shit name as well.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I agree Jimbob. Liked the bit where the lead singer says "some people think we're sleazy....." with his spivvy 'tache! :lol:
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Looking forward to the Shane McGowan documentary at 2325 tonight too....

Hopefully it'll make those of us here, who think we may imbibe a little too much of the ole 'loopyjuice', to feel a little bit better about ourselves? Here's hoping....
steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

Organ Grinder wrote:Was rather impressed with the Brinsley Schwartz tune off the Whistle Test - might get their album. Had a hammond organ ya see.... :roll:
'Surrender to the Rhythm'.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You have to watch it a few times - There's some amusing moments that pass you by at first. Pissed meself at the mo when those burds get backstage and the overweight banjo player takes his T-Shirt off and sucks his fat belly in to try and impress em!

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:I agree Jimbob. Liked the bit where the lead singer says "some people think we're sleazy....." with his spivvy 'tache! :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Is this the one I saw a few years back? Some classic moments such as the one where the band are waiting for Shane to turn up at the studio about 4 hours later Shane turns up pissed out of his brain clutching for dear life onto a plastic bag full of vodka bottles

Classic.

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:Looking forward to the Shane McGowan documentary at 2325 tonight too....

Hopefully it'll make those of us here, who think we may imbibe a little too much of the ole 'loopyjuice', to feel a little bit better about ourselves? Here's hoping....
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

theraven1979 wrote:Is this the one I saw a few years back? Some classic moments such as the one where the band are waiting for Shane to turn up at the studio about 4 hours later Shane turns up pissed out of his brain clutching for dear life onto a plastic bag full of vodka bottles

Classic.

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:Looking forward to the Shane McGowan documentary at 2325 tonight too....

Not sure mate, not seen one docu on him as it goes - pretty bad for a fan I know....
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

theraven1979 wrote:You have to watch it a few times - There's some amusing moments that pass you by at first. Pissed meself at the mo when those burds get backstage and the overweight banjo player takes his T-Shirt off and sucks his fat belly in to try and impress em!

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:I agree Jimbob. Liked the bit where the lead singer says "some people think we're sleazy....." with his spivvy 'tache! :lol:
I liked the bit where bearded fellow shoots deoderant down his boxers backstage.

Hoping for a slice of fanny eh mate? :wink:
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

He He, Just been watching that 'Stiff on the BBC', with all the plastic miming performances. Tracey Ullman singing into her 'hairbrush' mike.

Reminds me of some great Stranglers TOTP performances.....

.........Remember when JJ starts fanning the smoke machine on NMH..........
or Jet leaving his drum kit and joining Hugh on 'Duchess', singing aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....whilst the drums play on