Riders on the storm

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Riders on the storm

Post by Alan A Hillier »

There is a massive electric storm happening where I am right now...(Just after midnight)

Quite nice actually.absolutely pissing down..........bolts of lightning.............listening to some Alabama 3 music through headphones.........just watching as the lightning lights up the sky............

Al
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I always wonder what goes through the mind of airline pilots as they steer their 624 ton aircraft through a violent electrical storm at night.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

PaulinLondon wrote:I always wonder what goes through the mind of airline pilots as they steer their 624 ton aircraft through a violent electrical storm at night.
Probably not a lot, as apart from take-off and landing, the pilot does very little, most modern aircraft can actually do these duties as well, but they still have to have a pilot there.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

PaulinLondon wrote:I always wonder what goes through the mind of airline pilots as they steer their 624 ton aircraft through a violent electrical storm at night.
Probably something along the lines of wishing they had a weather radar to steer through the gaps!
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Probably not a lot, as apart from take-off and landing, the pilot does very little, most modern aircraft can actually do these duties as well, but they still have to have a pilot there.
An airline pilot once told me that you only need 1 man and his dog to fly a modern aircraft,--- the man is there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the man if he starts messing about with any of the buttons!! :shock: :lol: