WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by gjinblack »

jason wrote:I've been recommended The Monochrome Set. Any fans on here?
Yes I like The Monochrome Set.
Plenty to go at but I recommend you start at the beginning!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by jason »

gjinblack wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 14:22
jason wrote:I've been recommended The Monochrome Set. Any fans on here?
Yes I like The Monochrome Set.
Plenty to go at but I recommend you start at the beginning!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Thanks I'll give them a go.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Featuring the instant classic “Billy big bollocks”.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

It'll never cease to amaze me how they'd put out such kaleidoscopic, audacious neo-psychedelic records such as this or XTRMNTR or even Screamadelica, and then choose to make records that sound like The Rolling Stones. Ugh - stick to what you're good at!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Haven't listened to this for a long while - absolutely magnificent. Even in the post-OK Computer climate of the late '90s, the critics all seems to be lukewarm over this one. Obviously, they were wrong. A late' 90s art rock classic.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:Image

Haven't listened to this for a long while - absolutely magnificent. Even in the post-OK Computer climate of the late '90s, the critics all seems to be lukewarm over this one. Obviously, they were wrong. A late' 90s art rock classic.
Did Devoto sing on that album? Wife likes this one but I never really got it.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 23:16

Not on this album, no. I know they worked with Devoto, though I think the work they did together ended up as b-sides/EP tracks. What is does have is Tom Baker playing the part of Brian Jones over a harpischord and opera singers, and a sample of a Sky News announcer which apparently cost a fortune for them to clear! Progtastic.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 23:51
theraven1979 wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 23:16

Not on this album, no. I know they worked with Devoto, though I think the work they did together ended up as b-sides/EP tracks. What is does have is Tom Baker playing the part of Brian Jones over a harpischord and opera singers, and a sample of a Sky News announcer which apparently cost a fortune for them to clear! Progtastic.
Great album that.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

The Perfect Prescription by Spaceman 3. Simply the best psychedelic album ever. As Sonic Boom said at the time "3 chords good, 2 chords better, 1 chord best".
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

This is a really good album especially late at night on headphones after a glass of something, I can’t imagine many stranglers fans digging it though. This album was a welcome relief during lockdown, Roisin Murphy is a great entertainer, superb voice too as far as I am concerned. It’s hard to take “White Stallion” as a serious groove disco contender next to “Roisin Machine”, a very accomplished album from an artist of such longevity, can’t imagine any takers ere though :evil:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Cinerama
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.