WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by gjinblack »

Fourthed.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 08:26 Re: Fall. Paintwork is an amazing track. You reckon he accidentally recorded over it with his Walkman?
I'm only speculating, but it sounds like it was done deliberately to me because you can still hear the track behind that Open University snippet! Either way, I love that bit. "Hey Mark, you're fuckin' up the paint work!"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

These albums are great Stan but they're very "of their time" :lol:

Actually, Skylarking isn't

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 11:53 These albums are great Stan but they're very "of their time" :lol:
Of course they are, but that's part of the appeal :grin:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

The first 3 Chameleons albums: Script From the Bridge, What Does Anything Mean Basically and Strange Times. Not many bands release 3 great albums in a row but they did. Fantastic live even nowadays. If you want an evening listening to the most underrated band of all time then these albums will suffice. But listen to them in order. Favourite songs: Monkeyland and In Answer. Perfection. Manchester's finest even better than Hook's crew.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Where is that great picture of Kate Moss wearing The Raven tshirt ?
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Lots of Serge Gainsbourg, love this guy, should start a thread but I can’t see it getting much interest.

JJ Burnel talks affectionately about Serge, he may have been one of my routes into Serge, as other artists have been. The guy was a musical and poetic genius, particularly love his 70s and 80s material, not too keen on his earlier records but he really got going around 1966, too many greats to chose from: Bonnie & Clyde, Rock Around The Bunker, Harley David Son of Bitch, Aux Armes Et Cetera, to name just a few

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Jake wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 02:21 The guy was a musical and poetic genius, particularly love his 70s and 80s material, not too keen on his earlier records but he really got going around 1966, too many greats to chose from: Bonnie & Clyde, Rock Around The Bunker, Harley David Son of Bitch, Aux Armes Et Cetera, to name just a few
I like his early '70s work the most (Histoire de Melody Nelson / Vu de l'exterieur), but he certainly was a character wasn't he? :lol: Only Serge Gainsbourg would get top notch session musicians like Sly & Robbie in the studio to lay down a groove and then put fart noises over the top of it, or jump on the rap bandwagon right at the end of his career and have a song with a chorus line that goes "a'slippedy slam bam boom bam Gainsbourg!"