WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 19:06 ...and we definitely won't ask if you ever saw them live??
I have never seen Strangelove live, no. I could have done as they were on one of the smaller stages at one of the festivals I went to in the '90s, but I was clearly watching something else (can't remember what) ...
Probably Suede....Reading or Leeds 97.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cells&Plasma on 24 Oct 2021, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 19:30
StanInBlack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 19:06 ...and we definitely won't ask if you ever saw them live??
I have never seen Strangelove live, no. I could have done as they were on one of the smaller stages at one of the festivals I went to in the '90s, but I was clearly watching something else (can't remember what) ...
Probably Suede....Reading 97.
Nah, it wasn't Reading '97, it was Phoenix in '96.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I did see Strangelove live at Reading 97. Patrick kept hitting his roadie over the head with his mic

And the drummer was about 50 and smoked constantly while playing the drums

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 19:43 And the drummer was about 50 and smoked constantly while playing the drums
Hahaha! Aye, I was just watching some footage of 'em on Youtube of them playing on some Gary Crowley hosted show in '94 and it seems like that was his schtick... he probably looked about 50 for exactly that reason :lol:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Sunn O)))

Makes one of my favourite bands - Black Sabbath sound like the Pet Shop Boys… :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpJrnBhCmhU
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Black Flag
All quiet ..........
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

XTC - Skylarking, what an album, released 35 years ago this week no less
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Jake wrote:XTC - Skylarking, what an album, released 35 years ago this week no less
Stunning album

Jim

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

theraven1979 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 23:00
Jake wrote:XTC - Skylarking, what an album, released 35 years ago this week no less
Stunning album

Jim

It really is, I was listening to the original vinyl, I have to admit the 2001 CD remaster does sound better, apparently the other remaster with the Blu-ray audio disc sounds even better still.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Jake wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 23:00
Stunning album

Jim

It really is, I was listening to the original vinyl, I have to admit the 2001 CD remaster does sound better, apparently the other remaster with the Blu-ray audio disc sounds even better still.
Got the blu ray 5.1 and it's an adventure!

Jim

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

theraven1979 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 23:34
Jake wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 23:00 Stunning album

Jim

Got the blu ray 5.1 and it's an adventure!

Jim

If only the stranglers would put out a similar package of their classic albums. Unfortunately it seems that the format didn’t really take off, and it’s not at all common for Blu-ray audio to be released these days, so I understand.