SLF LAST NIGHT - At Glos Guildhall

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

I had that dilemma a few weeks ago - Weakerthans a great canadian band kindof in The Men They Couldn't Hang mode played two saurday sets...including an afternoon all ages thing with kids welcome....I ended up hearing about eight chords, abysmal failure, "arrgh daddy my ears are going to bleed"...and the younger one instantly started crying.

kids these days - they just don't realise, ringing ears and next day partial deafness are part of growing up !
:D
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

here-current SLF tour dates.Might interest some of us.I'm off to see them in Bilston on tuesday night :) First time since 1981. :D

Edited By nickinblack on 1096810880
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Just read on SLF's site that Stuart Pearce was there.

Did'nt see him down the front!

:O
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

He was at the Move fest seeing the Stranglers

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

saw em at Blackburn last night and they were ace.
They're a better live band than they are on record.
They were due to play the main hall, but it didn't sell out so they downsized to the smaller venue downstairs, led to a bit of swaggering gloatiness from me and me mates, along the lines of, 'ah well, if the stranglers were here they could have filled the place, no bloody problem'
anyhow it wasn't really such a bad turnout, well over 1000 on an awful sunday evening, and they were bloody keen, to say the least, some serious big bastards moshing around franticly for the full set, bloody great concert I got soaked in sweat, beer and urine and got knocked all over the gaff, I can hardly swallow today cos I got lamped in the gizzard.
and there were quite a few stranglers t-shirts knocking about.

:p :p :p

one day I'll grow up.
:wtf?:
....near the nearside window.....
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Paul wrote:saw em at Blackburn last night and they were ace.
They're a better live band than they are on record.
They were due to play the main hall, but it didn't sell out so they downsized to the smaller venue downstairs, led to a bit of swaggering gloatiness from me and me mates, along the lines of, 'ah well, if the stranglers were here they could have filled the place, no bloody problem'
anyhow it wasn't really such a bad turnout, well over 1000 on an awful sunday evening, and they were bloody keen, to say the least, some serious big bastards moshing around franticly for the full set, bloody great concert I got soaked in sweat, beer and urine and got knocked all over the gaff, I can hardly swallow today cos I got lamped in the gizzard.
and there were quite a few stranglers t-shirts knocking about.

:p :p :p

one day I'll grow up.
:wtf?:
Glad you enjoyed it Paul! :D

I must have sweated buckets from being in the mosh pit all gig at Gloucester!
No other place to be though is there?

Can't wait to see them again!

Roll on the March uk tour!!
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Do they still come on to the Dambusters music and does everyone still give the V sign?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

nickinblack wrote:Do they still come on to the Dambusters music and does everyone still give the V sign?
No.

They come on to 'Go For It'
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Gizz,Bilston's only 2 miles from Wolverhampton-not a million miles away from you.I know you saw the stranglers in Wolverhampton.Plenty of tickets left if you can make it.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

nickinblack wrote:Gizz,Bilston's only 2 miles from Wolverhampton-not a million miles away from you.I know you saw the stranglers in Wolverhampton.Plenty of tickets left if you can make it.
Wish I could mate believe me.

They are also at The Zodiac in Oxford(seen them there before great venue!) this Thursday but can't make it as the wifes working evenings now up to xmas
:(
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

Went to the Glos gig, 1st time I've seen them, well impressed. Bruce Foxton hasn't aged since the Jam. Brilliant gig dispite me bad back that's why I wasnt in the mosh.
A lot of good bands booked for the winter, Damned, UK Subs, Vice Squad.
STEVE
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

Well, what can I say about Fingers in Bilston?They were tremendous.
Didn't think I'd seen them since '81,but remembered I'd seen them later at Leicester University.
If you haven't seen them for years or have never seen them live I would certainly recommend it.
Barbed Wire Love,Wasted Life,Suspect Device,Just Fade Away,At The Edge,Tin Soldiers,Fly The Flag,to name but a few were all played together with a few newer ones.One of the songs Strummerville is dedicated to Joe Strummer,who without which, Jake said, he would not be doing what he is today.Jake Burns has lost none of his charisma and is a fantastic singer and guitarist.
The first encore was Back To Front and Bits Of Kids,the second encore was Alternative Ulster.
I reckon at a rough estimate there were 300 people packed in there.Next gig for me Hugh at the same venue.Hope he's as good as Fingers were.

Edited By nickinblack on 1097158095