fascism in Hampshire

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

graingerman2
Rats Rally

Post by graingerman2 »

Apologies for the wayward choice of topic but i've just seen tonight's Channel 4 Dispatches programme about the (one time) proposed asylum centre at a disused navy barracks in Lee-On-Solent, Hampshire. Frankly, i was shocked. It seems Fascism is not only alive and well in affluent Southern suburbia but practically ruling the roost. Asylum seekers will rape our teenage girls, asylum seekers will burgle our houses, asylum seekers could blow up Fawley Oil Refinery and sabotage air traffic control at Swanwick. Asylum seekers should be shot. Asylum seekers should die, there are too many people in the Third World anyway. I'm not a racist "but"....blah blah blah. These are the words of the residents of Lee-On-Solent. They all read the Daily Mail.

I couldn't believe my ears.

Lee-On-Solent. Is Oswald Mosley buried there ?
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

Daily mail - wouldn't wipe my arse with it. Nor would my dog. It is pretty depressing seeing people sink so low with the asylum seeker bashing - reading some of the toss that comes out in england on this it seems like the debate is at level of the fucking dark-ages. They'll steal the food, the island will sink, they don't have our culture...so,,,being from stockport, that would be getting shit faced on saturday night, beating up people who look at you in certain pubs, the odd knifing on the 192 bus to go clubbing etc etc...

I've also always wondered who reads the Daily Mail...blue haired nasty old bigots, trainee junior managers and thick gits. Same politics as the Sun with that shit veneer of "respectability".

I live in Toronto - unless you're a cree, ojibway, mohawk or other Iroquois...guess what yr an immgrant.

A stranglers link...read about JJs experiences getting the shit beat out of him at school cos he was french. I don't agree...If i strayed off topic - my apologies - that last thread hit a raw nerve.
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...
jcinblack
Rats Rally

Post by jcinblack »

OOOOOh your soooooooooo PC
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

About something else ... I've been in Britain two times and both times I've been called a fascist by British people just because I'm German ... I was born more than thirty years after the 2nd World War! Why?
jcinblack
Rats Rally

Post by jcinblack »

In Britain your allowed to be racist but only to other white people. For example you can have newspaper headlines saying FROG WOP or KRAUT but the moment you complain about anyone whos slightly brown for whatever reason your branded a fucking Nazi.
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

i don't agree that asylum seekers should be vilified pre judged ect as it does cause problems, but one thing i have noticed is that if you express any opinion about them you are immediately branded a racist,the problem for genuine asylum seekers is those who are social migrants. but there has been problems in lincoln big fights involving asylum seekers against each other a massive fight involving 30 people baseball bats ect.so everything is cetainly not a bed of rose's. i would say the main reason for resentment is the system we have. as it appears to the majority of the populus that they come here are are given everything on a plate. i remember seeing a beeb 2 documentary about asylum seekers in Liverpool they moved into a close new house, everything provided, and the locals just did not like it one bit. when the entire population is educated on a diet of the sun , mirror, mail ect what do you expect it's like they want to dumb down the masses.
i do feel sorry for these people as their grip on reality is really wanting.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Asylumseekers and muslims are the number one topic here in the Netherlands. The trouble is Dutch society in general is very "PC" and it doesnt allow anyone to say critical things about situations as described by Helgy above (the fights) are common here too. If well informed people can make clear to people what is going on in the world (and i'm not talking about journalists now) discussions would be more open and helpful to actually understand the world were living in today. However as soon as someone in my country says something thats not "PC" he/she is a racist and a facist. I wish the world was that black and white but it isnt.
As Helgy says: the masses have no clue about whats going on with the asylum seekers, where theyre coming from, whats happening in the countries they fled from.

@Alenyx ; i dont know about the UK but here in Holland Germans are still not very popular due to both military and football history.... I cant really explain this but calling German people facists only because they are from Germany is enormously silly. Plenty of Dutch idiots helped the nazis by volunteering for the SS....
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
jcinblack
Rats Rally

Post by jcinblack »

Very good points Helgy and Eric
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

Eric there were plenty of British idiots joint the SS .
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

jcinblack wrote:In Britain your allowed to be racist but only to other white people. For example you can have newspaper headlines saying FROG WOP or KRAUT but the moment you complain about anyone whos slightly brown for whatever reason your branded a fucking Nazi.

JC - I think you just made my point for me...the FACT that is that it is still, in 2004, somehow OK to have headlines with FROG. WOP and KRAUT...that says it all really.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

what does WOP stand for??
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

Its an abusive term used for italians by some in britain and elsewhere. It derives from the days of the British Empire - used to mean "Westernised Oriental Person" - but over time got tagged to italians.