Tour Epitaph

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Tour Epitaph

Post by toilerinblack »

aldinblack wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 17:21 If Jet and Dave were looking down, then I can't imagine them feeling anything other than pride at this 50th celebration and at what Jim and Toby have done with their great music.
It couldn't have been done any better. Congratulations to the band and crew, and everyone else involved, including us lot lol !

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk
Yes I think they would look down and applaud with what's being done with the band and their music to reach that big milestone of 50 which they majorally helped to get there with their invaluable musical contributions...this band wouldn't of reached it without them for sure so all members can be proud of what they've achieved along with all the fans who've stood by them for all these years too.
My overall view on the 50th tour.......A total success all around for everybody.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

It may very well have been a few evenings of Stranglers music competently performed by JJ Burnel and three other guys, but that doesn't make it The Stranglers. Calling it so requires a real stretch of the imagination and a colossal amount of mental gymnastics.

Looking at pictures of the band now reminds me of when Paul Heaton decided to split up The Beautiful South, and a couple of the members decided to "keep the music alive" by calling themselves The South, and how corny and naff that looked.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

Beautiful South do urself a favour bands like that should not be mentioned in the same breath as the MIB
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

stuartinblack wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 20:41 Beautiful South do urself a favour bands like that should not be mentioned in the same breath as the MIB
Normally they wouldn't be!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The current line up have done themselves proud and played exceptionally well I can't fault them they gave great entertainment with a setlist that everybody enjoyed with songs asked for too.
When I hear this tours Sewer at the RAH and done at the same venue with Paul and John for me is absolutely not in the same league.
The guitaring of Baz was spot on whereas the Friday the 13th version didn't even to me sound anything like the original version both vocally and guitaring...this current line up should be proud of themselves they sounded excellent and was one seriously tight played band who just rolled them out one by one with no gaps.
I for one couldn't of asked anymore from them with the most important thing being their music was spot on who are the nearest thing to Mk1 for sure after years of being in the Wilderness that yes didn't for me sound anything like the Stranglers that I can get and understand being different and not like them but not this line up in my view only....we all differ as usual.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 21:45 The current line up have done themselves proud and played exceptionally well I can't fault them they gave great entertainment with a setlist that everybody enjoyed with songs asked for too.
When I hear this tours Sewer at the RAH and done at the same venue with Paul and John for me is absolutely not in the same league.
The guitaring of Baz was spot on whereas the Friday the 13th version didn't even to me sound anything like the original version both vocally and guitaring...this current line up should be proud of themselves they sounded excellent and was one seriously tight played band who just rolled them out one by one with no gaps.
I for one couldn't of asked anymore from them with the most important thing being their music was spot on who are the nearest thing to Mk1 for sure after years of being in the Wilderness that yes didn't for me sound anything like the Stranglers that I can get and understand being different and not like them but not this line up in my view only....we all differ as usual.
Very well put can't agree more 👍🐀
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 21:45 The current line up have done themselves proud and played exceptionally well I can't fault them they gave great entertainment with a setlist that everybody enjoyed with songs asked for too.
Sir agree spot on.😎
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

As someone who really wasn't looking forward to this tour,I felt it was a step to far,and even though I was ill and only saw first set,the truth is I was blown away by how good they were,of course it's only JJ as original member obviously,but Baz has earned the right to be up there and Jim and Toby to,they are not just hired hands that's insulting,they are all top notch musicians,you can't fool hard core fans,if they thought it was shit they wouldn't go,they really were fantastic in this tour,and made special memories for so many.Major Kudu and PS I will be seeing Hugh in November and enjoying just as much to,a more stripped back approach obviously.🙂
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Does anyone ever say that ACDC are not ACDC because Bon Scott isn't in them?
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

StanInBlack wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 19:41 It may very well have been a few evenings of Stranglers music competently performed by JJ Burnel and three other guys, but that doesn't make it The Stranglers. Calling it so requires a real stretch of the imagination and a colossal amount of mental gymnastics.

Looking at pictures of the band now reminds me of when Paul Heaton decided to split up The Beautiful South, and a couple of the members decided to "keep the music alive" by calling themselves The South, and how corny and naff that looked.
What he said
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 10:15 As someone who really wasn't looking forward to this tour,I felt it was a step to far,and even though I was ill and only saw first set,the truth is I was blown away by how good they were,of course it's only JJ as original member obviously,but Baz has earned the right to be up there and Jim and Toby to,they are not just hired hands that's insulting,they are all top notch musicians,you can't fool hard core fans,if they thought it was shit they wouldn't go,they really were fantastic in this tour,and made special memories for so many.Major Kudu and PS I will be seeing Hugh in November and enjoying just as much to,a more stripped back approach obviously.🙂
Well said Kudu, my thoughts exactly.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

kenl wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 10:35 Does anyone ever say that ACDC are not ACDC because Bon Scott isn't in them?
I was thinking that the other day,Angus being only original member,Brian has been lead singer longer than Bonn Scott,it's just if people think the music is still true to the Spirit they will go,and believe the Stranglers are true to the Spirit,Jet and Dave would be proud I'm sure as they both stated they would be happy for the band to continue If they couldn't.Major Kudu.