RAH

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: RAH

Post by jason »

evonx wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 12:25
DVD
Cant imagine much interest for dvds in 2024 but a decent recording would have been nice yes
Yes I know what you mean. DVDs are bit of a thing of the past now I guess.
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

jason wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:33
evonx wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 12:25
DVD
Cant imagine much interest for dvds in 2024 but a decent recording would have been nice yes
Yes I know what you mean. DVDs are bit of a thing of the past now I guess.
I don't get why they don't just release all of thier concert recordings through the official YT channel? It wouldn't cost anything for them and they could run adds on it to get som revenue from it.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 12:48 They shoulda filmed a gig for TV - There's so many bands now getting airplay on BBC for live performances and documentaries. BBC have the Microdisney doc on there at the moment. Nothing against Microdisney (excellent doc BTW) but surely "the Stranglers" are a bigger catch?

Jim
Agreed JIm....they should of recorded it I thought without question they would or if not at least a good quality CD recording..
They must of thought having already done the strings at the RHA once before was enough.
I thought from what I've watched of it so far was once again very good quality,also intresting hearing from those who went that there was no gaps just banging em out one after the other not bad for guys their age with the energy....you can't knock em.
The Baz jokes yes are a bit old hat agreed change the record lol
Also did he have to say "I've always wanted to say f**k at the RAH" I didn't find that funny tbh maybe others did.
On the whole they've done a blinding tour and we'll done to them.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Just watched" Who Wants The World".great drumming opening...different.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I saw that - Nice of them to try something new but it looked a bit lame IMO. I imagine if you were there it was probably awesome

Jim
toilerinblack wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 19:09 Just watched" Who Wants The World".great drumming opening...different.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 19:26 I saw that - Nice of them to try something new but it looked a bit lame IMO. I imagine if you were there it was probably awesome

Jim
toilerinblack wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 19:09 Just watched" Who Wants The World".great drumming opening...different.
Yes I'd imagine it would sound that much better being their....but like you say fair play for trying something different which is certainly a million miles away from anything being done like that when Hugh was a band member.....again another case for them thinking for themselves and not living off the back of predecessors.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

toilerinblack wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 19:02
The Baz jokes yes are a bit old hat agreed change the record lol
Also did he have to say "I've always wanted to say f**k at the RAH" I didn't find that funny tbh maybe others did.
Not funny at all.It isn't 1977 anymore.He's a bit like a naughty schoolboy learning a new swear word.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I mean their a class act on their 50th at the prestige RAH did you really have to say that I think not....they certainly let their music do the talking and what an impressive set list it was alkng too with the visual display..... it was all perfect suits as well very smart and fitting for this tour...it's only a minor thing but I really didn't get the need to say that really like what's already been said that it's not '77 and ....let's shock.
But saying that minor point they've all done themselvea proud over the whole tour in general.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

What was the point of the drummers? was bit tatt in my eyes .... and none of it sounded fuck all like Waltzinblack lol ...rather pointless.

With regards the bums on seats remarks lol .... didn't Hugh do all that on the 'La Folie' tour?

Got tickets for Halifax gig and that's it .... will catch them at festivals only from now on ... as long as theres other decent bands on.
HOFT
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HOFT »

Oompa Loompas

FFS

:?
May the flies of 1000 camels nest in your armpits !

If you want SYMPATHY ?..........
You will find it in the dictionary between ` SHIT & SYPHILIS ' !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

There's something a little Spinal Tap about those drummers. Like they should've been 40 of them or something but they didn't have the budget

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

:grin: :grin: :grin: Ooompa lumpas / Spinal tap lol
Reminded me of these .... Dr Suess
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.58.26.png