Dark Matters Vinyl

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Dark Matters Vinyl

Post by giants »

Here we go first one on fleabay £89.00, Townsend are clueless, we want Giants' reissued on vinyl ! How does that football chant go? You dont know what your doing.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

giants wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 01:25 Townsend are clueless, we want Giants' reissued on vinyl !
Yes, but then everyone who bought it first time around will be moaning because "I thought you said there was only going to be x copies ever made, and now you've made a load more, albeit years later."

I don't buy these instant collectors items any more. I've always thought that anything actually marketed as a collectors item would be the last thing to actually be worth anything later on, although triple price overnight seems to prove that wrong. But then, while it's tripled in price, it's still only £60 actual money, less eBay selling fees, less whatever it cost for Townsend P&P, with the chance of a buyer dispute that eBay sellers rarely win, and the chance for it to be broken in transit. And you have the Schrodingers album - if you don't open it, you can sell it as "mint, still sealed" for top price, but if the vinyl is all scratched like previous releases have been, and your buyer just wants to play it, you've got to take it back, and then potentially get Townsend to swap it for you. Or you open it to check, and then you can't sell it as still sealed any more, so it's worth a bit less. A lot of hassle for the money.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

'Instant collector's items'.Nail on the head.A proper collector's item is something not many people bought in the first place and kept hold of for years which suddenly becomes of interest or in demand.Not : "We are going to order a batch of brand new collector's items,would you like to buy one".It's something that has never interested me all that much.People talk of rare records like Rembrandt paintings or something.As if they're sitting on hundreds of thousands of pounds.These DM vinyls will be lucky to fetch a fiver in 20 years time,due to their tackiness.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

Baz Doll talking "I can play the effing Golden Brown solo, I can"

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Jet welcomes Baz to the band, circa 2000.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

So glad Jet did as I wouldn't have tickets for Glasgow and London so see this 50th Anniversary
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Frederik wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 12:45 Baz Doll talking "I can play the effing Golden Brown solo, I can"

Should be a talking one, saying do you want to sing with the Fookin Stranglers,Baz needs to get over himself about the GB solo, still prefer the way Hugh played it.Major Kudu.
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 16:39
Frederik wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 12:45 Baz Doll talking "I can play the effing Golden Brown solo, I can"

Should be a talking one, saying do you want to sing with the Fookin Stranglers,Baz needs to get over himself about the GB solo, still prefer the way Hugh played it.Major Kudu.
Fun fact: Hugh played the solo perfectly the first time they did the song live at the bristol granary
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 16:39

While Baz is mocking Hugh he's hoping the distraction will take everyone away from noticing that he cant sing Golden Brown let alone be able to write such a great song. Where did that rumour ever come from in the first place i have seen Hugh in the Stranglers loads of times and he's never messed it up ever he wrote it for gods sake, sounds like a JJ propaganda machine at work there.

If people think its true they obviously never seen the band with Hugh in it.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 17:02 . Where did that rumour ever come from in the first place i have seen Hugh in the Stranglers loads of times and he's never messed it up ever he wrote it for gods sake, sounds like a JJ propaganda machine at work there.
Listen to any MKI live recording and you will hear it.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Hugh makes a particular balls of it at that Athens festival which is on you tube.It's never bothered me at all.
Baz does need to get over it.Making a big thing and rolling his sleeves up just to play a bit of guitar.
Last edited by Ruby on 05 Mar 2024, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

parasiteinblack wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 17:32
ThinkTank wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 17:02 . Where did that rumour ever come from in the first place i have seen Hugh in the Stranglers loads of times and he's never messed it up ever he wrote it for gods sake, sounds like a JJ propaganda machine at work there.
Listen to any MKI live recording and you will hear it.
It sounds great to me