Your fav album of the moment....

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Your fav album of the moment....

Post by toilerinblack »

From any band or artist what is your favourite album at the moment that you are currently playing or into a lot?
It got me thinking because in the car I keep playing Paul Weller's "Stanley Road" all the time for the past few weeks.
I haven't played the CD for years but put it on a few weeks ago again and i haven't taken it out yet lol
I just love every single track on it...it's just a great past album of his.
What currently is some of your favourite music that you are enjoying playing from anybody?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Your fav album of the moment....

Post by jason »

I've been playing Brighter than a thousand suns by Killing Joke quite a lot lately. It's probably their most commercial sounding album and there's not one bad song on it imo. It's one of my all time favourite albums. I don't think the version on Spotify is as good as the original version though.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

In a Glass House by Gentle Giant. Progtastic.
teshka
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by teshka »

Doggerel by Fontaines DC. I like their others as well but Doggerel is my favourite.
shaneg
SHAKESPEARO

Post by shaneg »

Prelude to fantasy by The Last Dinner Party.Sparks meets Kate Bush with a bit of goth. Good songs and a unique blend.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

shaneg wrote:Prelude to fantasy by The Last Dinner Party.Sparks meets Kate Bush with a bit of goth. Good songs and a unique blend.
Weird I've never heard of this band but you're the second person to mention them to me in 2 days

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

shaneg wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 22:16 Prelude to fantasy by The Last Dinner Party.Sparks meets Kate Bush with a bit of goth. Good songs and a unique blend.

This is an excellent album, been a long while since I 'discovered' a new band.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Listened to it - they're alright - some very nice production on that album. They kinda remind me of a British version of Sunflower Bean

Jim
gizzard wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 13:06
shaneg wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 22:16 Prelude to fantasy by The Last Dinner Party.Sparks meets Kate Bush with a bit of goth. Good songs and a unique blend.

This is an excellent album, been a long while since I 'discovered' a new band.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I need to discover some new bands. Probably the youngest/, newest band I quite like is the Temple and they've been around probably over 10 years now!

I've now moved on to Outside the gate by Killing Joke. I've always loved this album. It's more melodic than most of their albums with more synths and keys and very atmospheric. Tracks like America, My love of this Land, Unto the end of the earth, The Calling and the title track are truly superb!
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

jason wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 08:53 I need to discover some new bands. Probably the youngest/, newest band I quite like is the Temple and they've been around probably over 10 years now!

I've now moved on to Outside the gate by Killing Joke. I've always loved this album. It's more melodic than most of their albums with more synths and keys and very atmospheric. Tracks like America, My love of this Land, Unto the end of the earth, The Calling and the title track are truly superb!
Yes I love Outside The Gate. On youtube there's Before The Gate... some early instrumental mixes. Some of it sounds more dynamic than the album. It really is a flawed masterpiece that one. If there is not going to be another new KJ album then get Youth to do his magic on it (but I'd hate to see it change too much musically). I doubt it would happen as there seems to be a real stigma surrounding it.

My album of the moment is The Cardigans' Gran Turismo. They just hit the spot on this album.
Let's Boogie
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

An old album from 75, but a brilliant inventive classic metal album - Sabotage by Black Sabbath. My word, this is great - Ozzy's madness and paranoia before Ian Curtis elegantly described his fears. The music is off the scale. Do not dismiss!!! Why can't modern metal bands be as good?!!!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I fucking hate The Last Dinner Party, for all the same reasons I hated Wet Leg. Posh theatre kids slumming it.