Jah Wobble

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Jah Wobble

Post by Palais23 »

theraven1979 wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 10:35 Very enjoyable last night. Almost jazzy Zappaesque at times

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That's good to hear. I can't wait for the gig. That Metal Box Redub album is great with huge bass lines and very good guitars and synths. Also, the last time I saw Jon Klein was on the Banshee's Peepshow tour - he was excellent.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Palais23 wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 10:35 Very enjoyable last night. Almost jazzy Zappaesque at times

Jim

That's good to hear. I can't wait for the gig. That Metal Box Redub album is great with huge bass lines and very good guitars and synths. Also, the last time I saw Jon Klein was on the Banshee's Peepshow tour - he was excellent.
You're gonna have a great time. He did 2hours 30 and wanted to continue

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

Well I saw the mighty Wobble last night. What a great night it was. They concentrated on Metal Box and converted the songs into monster psychedel/dub versions. Of all the gigs I have been to, that was the best bass sound i ever witnessed (sorry JJ, but I never saw the Stranglers in anything smaller than the Hammy Palais). The musicians were brilliant. Chung a guitarist was playing Steve Vai virtuoso lines whilst Jon Klein played just about the perfect post-punk you could ask for. Snd then the man himself - great stage presence, the deepest grooves bass lines and some extra percussion. I was sober because I was driving but there were quite a few of the audience I would guess had been mushroom picking recently judging by their loony dancing for 2 hours. Took me back to those gigs in the 80s......