Brilliant instrumental cover!!! Tribute

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Brilliant instrumental cover!!! Tribute

Post by toilerinblack »

I just come across an absolute blinding full on instrumental cover version of one of the bands Feline songs.
The song is ships that pass in the night but a full on faster instrumental with bass lines that I think would even raise a smile with JJ.
I didn't really know where to put this if people Do want to hear it I didn't really want to start a new topic over it but thought I'd put it in the tribute section for those who haven't heard it before.
The cover is an instrumental version only that again like we were saying on some of the bands songs that their music is that good on so many songs that as an instrumental version of it only it's still a cracking song on it's own on the ears and this is one of those,again listen to the blistering bass on it this version with it's pace that wouldn't go a miss on say more like black and white than the bands acoustic Feline version.

Youtube...Ships that pass in the night...the Stranglers instrumental cover by Cisc.
It has an old time dance vid to it too while you listen,see what you think.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Brilliant instrumental cover!!! Tribute

Post by theraven1979 »

Toiler you're gonna have to learn how to copy and paste links. Especially when it's as exciting as 3!!! exclamation marks

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

it's very good I agree. Like a cross between Black & White & Gospel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEAFR1RqRk
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

markorbit wrote: 14 Oct 2023, 00:53 it's very good I agree. Like a cross between Black & White & Gospel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEAFR1RqRk
Thanks for that, very enjoyable.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

It's very well done I agree. But I find it too repetitive as an instrumental, this song needs the beautiful lyrics & vocals

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

This song is much improved being played faster it reminds me of Toiler on the Sea it could have been another favourite live . I think the version on Feline is played far too slow i thought that back in the 80s as it also feels like Hugh voice is slow as well.
Waffle waitress
Rats Rally

Post by Waffle waitress »

aldinblack wrote: 15 Oct 2023, 09:41 It's very well done I agree. But I find it too repetitive as an instrumental, this song needs the beautiful lyrics & vocals

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk
Yes
(all that's missing is the choker)

Liberez les Stranglers!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I don't like this. It kinda takes all the life and soul out of the original

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

I find that with most songs that are converted to instrumentals even the ones done by the Stranglers like Place de Victoires.

I meant to say before the band played Ships that passed in the night faster live than it was on Studio and i have always felt this song suited being sped up including Hugh's vocals.

Still a great track mind.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 15 Oct 2023, 09:51 This song is much improved being played faster it reminds me of Toiler on the Sea it could have been another favourite live . I think the version on Feline is played far too slow i thought that back in the 80s as it also feels like Hugh voice is slow as well.
Agreed good point ....wow it sounds so much better full on electric black and white album style..
I agree with it being to slow on Feline even though i's a cracking riff they came up with and i so like the original song and album always will do...... but this song just does sound so much better at that faster full on electric pace with that thumping drums too.
The bass player is firing on all cylinders.....really using the frets to the full reminds me of another tribute bass player in Danny Sapko with that great loud deep aggresive bass sound in the stlye and manor as JJ does ....and his great bass tribute to the great man was excellent too.
All great tributes I think to the band overall.....i wonder just what they think when they hear such tributes if they do hear them that is it must make JJ proud of his basslines and work that others enjoy it so much so that they want to do their own take and version of it....there is no better tribute to a musician I think than doing that.