Bullying at work.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Bullying at work.

Post by Greatkudu »

I'm just wondering whether anyone has ever suffered Bullying in the workplace? It happened to me back in 2010,but I have been In a new job since April and I think there's signs it's happening again,I won't put up with it,but the trouble is I would make my position untenable,so it's hard to know what to do,as it's a Woman doing the bullying with snide remarks,I just want to tell her to Fuck Off but of course it would lead to instant dismissal.Major Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Bullying at work.

Post by theraven1979 »

My old boss experienced this. Tried to work it through with HR but nothing really happened. He ended up leaving

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

It'd be difficult to say what to do as there are so many variables, Eg what's your position, what's her's, is she someone you report to, has she just come in etc etc etc...

The only thing I can be sure of now is, looking back, I wish I'd just said a big FUCK OFF to several people instead of just swallowing it. Nevermind....

Not advising you to do that though, as I've said it depends on your specific circumstances..
Good luck !

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 22:03 It'd be difficult to say what to do as there are so many variables, Eg what's your position, what's her's, is she someone you report to, has she just come in etc etc etc...

The only thing I can be sure of now is, looking back, I wish I'd just said a big FUCK OFF to several people instead of just swallowing it. Nevermind....

Not advising you to do that though, as I've said it depends on your specific circumstances..
Good luck !

Thanks Sir.Major Kudu
Grip
Down In The Sewer

Post by Grip »

I don't know what your work situation is, but if possible record each incident and what it related to. Then contact your union representative (if you have one) or Human Remains (HR).
Do you have any work colleagues you could ask in confidence, to find out if they've experienced the same thing you are going through with this woman and maybe go to the union together or HR.
I fucking hate bullying, regardless if it's physical or mental.
Failing the above, watch the film Horrible Bosses for ideas 👍
Tickety Boo!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I think it happens a lot. One of my mates has just been bullied out of his job. :?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Do you have an HR department?

Document the examples. Times, dates, witnesses.

Speak to your line manager or supervisor.

I have experienced coercion but not bullying. It's horrible and I sympathise.

Some people do not know they are bullying and a polite word might help.

Good luck
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You have to approach HR like most people are saying - with evidence. Ask what they intend to do about it.

Jim
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I have worked for quite a few large organizations, and in my experience HR depts are fucking useless. They are just there to tick boxes and run through whatever processes they have or are legally obligated to do. Rarely will you find someone who really cares about your well being.
I can only speak for my sector but Unions never featured. If they need to push someone out they will find a way of doing it.

I Hate You !
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Approaching HR is a good suggestion, as long as your company is big enough to have a HR department, and isn't run by managers who really just want a quiet life and would prefer differences like this to be sorted out by the people concerned. Of course, if you're in the latter situation, you do have more options to just put the other person in no doubt of your feelings on their behaviour. Just make sure that you don't turn into the bully.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Agreed but unfortunately you have to play by the rulebook if it needs to go any further.

Jim
aldinblack wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 10:17 I have worked for quite a few large organizations, and in my experience HR depts are fucking useless. They are just there to tick boxes and run through whatever processes they have or are legally obligated to do. Rarely will you find someone who really cares about your well being.
I can only speak for my sector but Unions never featured. If they need to push someone out they will find a way of doing it.

jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jonimac »

One thing I would suggest is going into writing with your employer , start a paper trail.
It makes both parties aware of the situation and if there is a history of this, it all adds up.
However, if you feel you can nip it in the bud by informing them that this is your next step, should the behaviour continue, then that might be a reasonable first move.

“Just make sure that you don't turn into the bully.” - also very good advice
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)