six months off

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: six months off

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 28 May 2023, 17:43
on his Harley .
Wasn't he a Triumph man?
Yes he is but I'm told he has a very nice panhead with a springer front end ,very much like Dave Vainian use to have.
I see. Have to admit I know nothing at all about motorcycles to be honest. My ex once gave me a Triumph t shirt like JJ used to wear which was nice but a bit odd since I only rode at the back of the yamaha one a mate of mine rode when we were 18 or so, lol
As far as I know JJ only has one bike now the Triumph,he did have Harley Sportster in the 80s I believe,but he went back to Triumphs,he says they are the best bikes? I disagree they really are not,alot are now built in Far East,they are good bikes,but in performance levels the Yamahas,Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati leave them in the distance,but depends what you want from a bike,I'm a Super Sports fan,so my weapon of choice is Yamaha R6 133BHP and 165 Top speed,ive had 157 Mph out of it but slowing down now. :smt005
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2023, 18:14
on his Harley .
Wasn't he a Triumph man?
Yes he is but I'm told he has a very nice panhead with a springer front end ,very much like Dave Vainian use to have.
I see. Have to admit I know nothing at all about motorcycles to be honest. My ex once gave me a Triumph t shirt like JJ used to wear which was nice but a bit odd since I only rode at the back of the yamaha one a mate of mine rode when we were 18 or so, lol
As far as I know JJ only has one bike now the Triumph,he did have Harley Sportster in the 80s I believe,but he went back to Triumphs,he says they are the best bikes? I disagree they really are not,alot are now built in Far East,they are good bikes,but in performance levels the Yamahas,Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati leave them in the distance,but depends what you want from a bike,I'm a Super Sports fan,so my weapon of choice is Yamaha R6 133BHP and 165 Top speed,ive had 157 Mph out of it but slowing down now. :smt005
I think he has more than 1 bike as he brought aTriton that one of his old mates had from their uni days from his widow after he passed away .I would guess im older than you as my fav bikes were 2 strokes with there power bands great fun and sounded great with expansion chambers on .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

BikerinBlack wrote: 30 May 2023, 20:59
Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2023, 18:14

I think he has more than 1 bike as he brought aTriton that one of his old mates had from their uni days from his widow after he passed away .I would guess im older than you as my fav bikes were 2 strokes with there power bands great fun and sounded great with expansion chambers on .
Oh yes i remember he bought the Triton,I like all bikes started with a two stroke.Major Kudu