So!..who is going where on the 2024 mini tour?

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Re: So!..who is going where on the 2024 mini tour?

Post by Homer »

ThruBeingCool wrote: 14 May 2023, 00:51 “50 Years In BLack “ my arse!
Quite fancy the Royal Albert Hall concert though…..
See you there :-) Long time no see :smt006
lostinpaddington
Down In The Sewer

Post by lostinpaddington »

It is the old Colston Hall. Currently nearing the end of a £120 million pound renovation that’s taken 5 years. Don’t think it reopens until the summer. So for that money you’d hope it will be an improvement!
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

lostinpaddington wrote: 15 May 2023, 22:00 It is the old Colston Hall. Currently nearing the end of a £120 million pound renovation that’s taken 5 years. Don’t think it reopens until the summer. So for that money you’d hope it will be an improvement!
Capacity
Part-standing: 2,196

Got to be better than the O2.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Do you think it will be another greatest hits set or maybe some gems like Waltzinblack, TTCT etc?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

A Tuesday night at the RAH.

Come on lads, the last time was a Friday.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Two sets, maybe one of rarely played tracks, one of hits?
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

Ruby wrote: 15 May 2023, 19:45
yesican wrote: 15 May 2023, 19:34 It's the 50th Anniversary tour as some tickets are over £50..!

Edinburgh is £52 to £41

Glasgow is £44 to £55
Not extortionate though,is it ? The Damned were charging much more for their tour last year.
About £70 for Devo!
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

theraven1979 wrote: 15 May 2023, 22:48 Do you think it will be another greatest hits set or maybe some gems like Waltzinblack, TTCT etc?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Probably will be, but I'm fine with that.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

StanInBlack wrote: 15 May 2023, 18:40
theraven1979 wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:26 I thought they'd said they'd do no more tours!
Yeah, so much for the final full UK tour eh? Although, that was back in the day when they could just barely (and I mean, by the absolute thinnest of margins after Jet had retired) get away with putting "The Stranglers" on the poster without it seeming this ridiculous. I suppose there's nothing stopping JJ Burnel & Friends going out on a UK tour, although they've only been going for a couple of years and that really should be reflected on the poster by not calling it "The Stranglers" or a "50th Anniversary Tour"

Shhhhhhh. Don't spoil it and lets not open up that boring debate. We all know what you think.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What's the alternative then? "34 years of JJ and Friends"? Kinda kills the ceremony and moment though right?

Jim
theraven1979 wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:26 I thought they'd said they'd do no more tours!
Yeah, so much for the final full UK tour eh? Although, that was back in the day when they could just barely (and I mean, by the absolute thinnest of margins after Jet had retired) get away with putting "The Stranglers" on the poster without it seeming this ridiculous. I suppose there's nothing stopping JJ Burnel & Friends going out on a UK tour, although they've only been going for a couple of years and that really should be reflected on the poster by not calling it "The Stranglers" or a "50th Anniversary Tour"
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

The alternative would be to just play as JJ & Friends and forget about all the ceremonial nonsense, and advertise it as such.

theraven1979 wrote: 16 May 2023, 12:20 What's the alternative then? "34 years of JJ and Friends"? Kinda kills the ceremony and moment though right?

Jim
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

StanInBlack wrote:The alternative would be to just play as JJ & Friends and forget about all the ceremonial nonsense, and advertise it as such.

theraven1979 wrote: 16 May 2023, 12:20 What's the alternative then? "34 years of JJ and Friends"? Kinda kills the ceremony and moment though right?

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 15 May 2023, 18:40 Yeah, so much for the final full UK tour eh? Although, that was back in the day when they could just barely (and I mean, by the absolute thinnest of margins after Jet had retired) get away with putting "The Stranglers" on the poster without it seeming this ridiculous. I suppose there's nothing stopping JJ Burnel & Friends going out on a UK tour, although they've only been going for a couple of years and that really should be reflected on the poster by not calling it "The Stranglers" or a "50th Anniversary Tour"
Come on give it a rest FFS !
JJ & freinds my arse !

50 years since The Stranglers were established. There has never been another band like it and there never will be.

Dave & Jet are smiling down, so..

Let's Celebrate !
(should be in the set, although I don't actually like the song very much..)

I hope Hugh can find a way to feature in this monumental event..

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !