Norfolk coast vinyl

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Norfolk coast vinyl

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 21:02 Paul may get some royalties from the re release of NC,he did write Mine all Mine,and co wrote one other I think? But he really gets a raw deal.Major Kudu.
Agreed. Hopefully he gets a few quid from this.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Josh wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 21:23
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 21:02 Paul may get some royalties from the re release of NC,he did write Mine all Mine,and co wrote one other I think? But he really gets a raw deal.Major Kudu.
Agreed. Hopefully he gets a few quid from this.
Did he co write the Song Tucker's Grave? I know most of the others were written by JJ and Baz.Major Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

All song writing credits are credited to the band at the time so they all (or their heirs) get their share of those royalties and streaming when this becomes available on the spotifys, tidals and apples..
Mind you, it's only pennies, it's not like they will sell 10k CDs and LPs.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

All songs were credited to all the members at the time so an equal share, no?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Probably pays for a coffee once a month

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Can anyone commission represses of albums, or do you need some rights?

Maybe paul has come to an agreement and gets part of the profit and not just songwriter royalties?
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Post by RetroRocket »

Yanders wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 09:52 Can anyone commission represses of albums, or do you need some rights?

Maybe paul has come to an agreement and gets part of the profit and not just songwriter royalties?
I believe the rights to the album have recently reverted from EMI back to the band?

That's also why it will also son be streamed
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

I like what townsend do but they need to increase the number of pressings.
I wish they would put out off the beaten track' only a basic compilation' but I love that cover.
or Live xcerts jap cover would look great.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Think it's the bands that decide.

Special edition through Townsend followed up by a regular BMG release would be good.

I mean, you cannot buy Stranglers back catalogue on Vinyl except for second hand.
Not difficult to find but an income stream being missed by the band.

Imagine doing the first three albums again on , dunno, orange, red and grey vinyl but regular releases. available widely.
pretty much all of those that bought the coursegood would buy it again I reckon and then some............
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

An album of dark matters tracks that didn’t make the final album would be great!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

cassini wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 18:18 An album of dark matters tracks that didn’t make the final album would be great!
:smt005 I think they struggled to get enough tracks for the album,highly unlikely they had any left over apart from Sisterhood which does sound interesting what I have read about the song, maybe they have one album left in them? When JJ gets his 400 ideas together.Major Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 19:06
cassini wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 18:18 An album of dark matters tracks that didn’t make the final album would be great!
:smt005 I think they struggled to get enough tracks for the album,highly unlikely they had any left over apart from Sisterhood which does sound interesting what I have read about the song, maybe they have one album left in them? When JJ gets his 400 ideas together.Major Kudu.
Yes I'd love to hear any tracks that never made DM too but like you have said apart from Sisterhood which I so much want to hear at some point too I can't really imagine to many other excess tracks would of been left off but who knows there's always more tracks to choose from before the final finished 10 or 12 studio versions are selected normally for any album released.
I've heard that it's a great song well if there is to be another album then like you have said there's one already unless it appears as a bonus or b side track to a future single or epic...who knows.
Maybe they should try it out on the audience for reactions on the next tour would be nice for them to play .....something different!