Not sure whether this has been posted ...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Not sure whether this has been posted ...

Post by Ruby »

I've never really got this good night out thing and meeting up with friends.You can do that anyway in pubs.The band is supposed to be the main event,not a side show.If fans are treating a Stranglers show as a social gathering then that probably tells its own story.
Last edited by Ruby on 19 Feb 2023, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

jason wrote:What about if they call themselves The bloke from the Toy Dolls and Stranglers Mark 3 onwards, the ex Rialto keyboard player/ Dave Greenfield disciple and Jet Black's understudy Band! It doesn't really roll off the tongue well though does it! :grin:
good idea anyway it's their band it's their lives it's up to them time will tell people can choose if they wanna see them or not etc etc etc etc lol Image

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Ruby wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 12:45 I've never really got this good night out thing and meeting up with friends.You can do that anyway in pubs.The band is supposed to be the main event,not a side show.If fans are treating a Stranglers show as a social gathering then that probably tells its own story.
Sir you have summed it up really,if I want a drink I will go to the pub,but I've worn the t shirt of heavy drinking,so I barely drink now,if I go and see a band it's the music I go for not the Fucking beer,off course it's great to catch up with people and have a chat,I love meeting people,but it's the band that always has my full attention,I was tempted to see the Stranglers in Paris but I get lost easily,the last time I met a woman who at the gig who told me how to get back to my Hotel as Olympia is far out in the Paris suburbs,my girlfriend at the time found the French woman's number on my phone and thought I had been cheating,but we exchanged numbers as she was going to send me pics from the gigs,to sum up its the music that counts and Also at my old age,I would need to keep going to the Gents if I drink at gigs,so most I have is a half of Bitter,a bit more in Europe.Major at Arms Kudu. :smt005
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 14:47
Ruby wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 12:45 I've never really got this good night out thing and meeting up with friends.You can do that anyway in pubs.The band is supposed to be the main event,not a side show.If fans are treating a Stranglers show as a social gathering then that probably tells its own story.
Sir you have summed it up really,if I want a drink I will go to the pub,but I've worn the t shirt of heavy drinking,so I barely drink now,if I go and see a band it's the music I go for not the Fucking beer,off course it's great to catch up with people and have a chat,I love meeting people,but it's the band that always has my full attention,I was tempted to see the Stranglers in Paris but I get lost easily,the last time I met a woman who at the gig who told me how to get back to my Hotel as Olympia is far out in the Paris suburbs,my girlfriend at the time found the French woman's number on my phone and thought I had been cheating,but we exchanged numbers as she was going to send me pics from the gigs,to sum up its the music that counts and Also at my old age,I would need to keep going to the Gents if I drink at gigs,so most I have is a half of Bitter,a bit more in Europe.Major at Arms Kudu. :smt005
L’Olympia is right in the Centre of Paris in the 9th Arrondissement.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 16:02
Yes but where i was staying near the Eurostar station,it was a long way on the Metro,and I would get lost and Paris is dodgy in some parts.Major Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 16:52

Yes but where i was staying near the Eurostar station,it was a long way on the Metro,and I would get lost and Paris is dodgy in some parts.Major Kudu.
Best you get an Über next time then and avoid Gare Du Nord at Night.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 17:13
Greatkudu wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 16:52

Best you get an Über next time then and avoid Gare Du Nord at Night.
Thanks Sir,last time I was walking around for an hour trying to find Hotel,I wish I could go to Olympia but decided not to,got other things going on.Major Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Whatever happened to Jackanory anyway?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Why shouldn't they carry on after JJ retires? Everyone is is replaceable.

Who'd have thought they'd have found someone like Toby?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

For me everybody is entitled to their view on the band but maybe the main point here is being missed and that is the fact is a lot of people go to see whoever it is at a gig....because they like the music.
The hardcore fans may scrutinise a line up more and it's members and whose better than who and whatever else but it's all about the music people like their songs and maybe whoever is in or out would buy a ticket because they like this bands music enjoy and hearing the music being performed live for a night from the Stranglers.
So as we all know their songs are brilliant which ever MK each person prefers the songs and music there are plenty of ticket goers who just want to hear more of this bands great music and as jj said himself there's still a call for people wanting to still hear our music and for me that's the bottom line for an average music goer but very different for a hardcore fan maybe and i get that too.
So their great back and present music is maybe the most important part why some go and not who is in the band but i could be wrong and many may disagree there it's just another theroy.
It's like the stones people go because they love their music and that goes for many bands too ...their music.
It's not the music is why i'm not going anymore because of being a lifelong fan which does include the members for me very much but that may not be the case nowdays for a lot of other gig goers i wouldn''t know tbh, again it's just a theroy as a lot of not hardcore fans will go to see different bands as a one off that their not into to much.
But i'm sure i will be told here if i'm wrong here and i could be lol
There certainly is still a call for the bands music as j has said.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sir yes fair point,but hopefully Baz will have the class to stop with the Stranglers name If JJ decides to finish,as long as JJ is there they have some credibility,but please oh please no JJ no Stranglers,JJ is In great shape so at least a few more years,and the music will live on in Recorded form or in tribute bands.Major Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Homer wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 19:58 Why shouldn't they carry on after JJ retires? Everyone is is replaceable.
Credibility.There's not much left as it is.