New Baz interview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: New Baz interview

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 06 May 2023, 00:50
, it's the Baz & JJ excellent partnership that has made the current version of the band a success
Yes, that bromance works very well, especially on stage. If JJ would quit at some point it would be just Baz though. And I like Baz, absolutely, but for me he just simply can't lead a Stranglers Mk6, however talented Jim, Toby and Mr X on bass are.

Still, since about 83% of stranglers fans have bought a bass at some point in their life in awe of JJ, there are more than enough applicants of course.
I think you said it quite well and for me when JJ does call time and I don't see it happening at all yet but when it does it will leave three other great musician's that get on so well and I like all three of them but if they continue on it should be with another name and I honestly don't think anyone of them minus JJ would even think of the named band of the Stranglers should or would carry on minus JJ in the same historic entity format that they are in.
The four of them get on so well that I haven't seen in many bands before and I think Toby has given them a fresh new lease of life enabling them to continue on playing future worldwide hits tours may be it being much smaller than once was.
They are seem so up for it still which is quite remarkable and the addition of Toby I feel has given them a definite new spark of life.