Your most Favourite JJ sung songs..

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Your most Favourite JJ sung songs..

Post by MrBlack77 »

5 minutes and curfew take some beating.jj at his finest
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

MrBlack77 wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 14:22 5 minutes and curfew take some beating.jj at his finest
Yes after Dagenham dave and north winds 🎸🤣
BankMan
Down In The Sewer

Post by BankMan »

D&N&B obviously. Contains one of the best ever Stranglers lines

“Home is a black leather jacket ……………”
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

BankMan wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 06:49 D&N&B obviously. Contains one of the best ever Stranglers lines

“Home is a black leather jacket ……………”
That's actually my all time favourite line by the band. But you missed out the best bit "fitting sweetly to my brain" it has to be there for the full and best effect :grin:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

There's been some great one liners over their history of 50 years to many to mention but funny enough for me it's one of Pauls's one liners that always stands out for me and it's one from a song he starts the very first line with in "Into the fire" ...
The king though with lyrical one liners and expressions has to be Hugh whose carried his fantastic lyric descriptions,meanings and often on a two way levelness that most wouldn't know or get at all he's been and is the master at being able to do that for me.
He's been doing that from the year dot with the band and all through his 10 solo albums for me only it doesn't get any better than his one liners...look at peaches,Golden Brown and Heroes being a few....sheer genius.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

toilerinblack wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 09:45 There's been some great one liners over their history of 50 years to many to mention but funny enough for me it's one of Pauls's one liners that always stands out for me and it's one from a song he starts the very first line with in "Into the fire" ...
The king though with lyrical one liners and expressions has to be Hugh whose carried his fantastic lyric descriptions,meanings and often on a two way levelness that most wouldn't know or get at all he's been and is the master at being able to do that for me.
He's been doing that from the year dot with the band and all through his 10 solo albums for me only it doesn't get any better than his one liners...look at peaches,Golden Brown and Heroes being a few....sheer genius.
Yeah my translation of his lyrics never came to the same conclusion as his explanations but i like that and now always like to appreciate my version. When you do get Hugh accounts it does make you think Jesus that is brilliant. I really like his double meaning and working on different levels i think that's one of his biggest assets of lyric writing.

Its a shame he hasn't done another song by song for his solo work.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 11:03
toilerinblack wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 09:45 There's been some great one liners over their history of 50 years to many to mention but funny enough for me it's one of Pauls's one liners that always stands out for me and it's one from a song he starts the very first line with in "Into the fire" ...
Yeah my translation of his lyrics never came to the same conclusion as his explanations but i like that and now always like to appreciate my version. When you do get Hugh accounts it does make you think Jesus that is brilliant. I really like his double meaning and working on different levels i think that's one of his biggest assets of lyric writing.

Its a shame he hasn't done another song by song for his solo work.
Yep agreed.....your spot on .