Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: New Damned Album 2023

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 23:20
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 14:21
Jake wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:42

I have to say, you didn’t miss a lot by the looks of it on YouTube, no energy in the performance. I think I saw that line up at Brixton Academy in 89, it was ok, but not great. I think The Damned are “Hit and Miss”, the albums Machine Gun and Black Album I class as essential, but I can take it or leave it with most of the Damned. I do seem to recall The Damned as like some kind of second favourite for stranglers fans, not sure if it’s any longer the case though.
To be fair the reunion footage wasn't bad,a bit disjointed,but the Damned were never slick,they have made some great albums but I agree hit and miss,the last one was good,but Its really not on my priority list to get the next one,or see them live again,it's becoming a bit Cabaret IMHO,Sensible says the same thing,while the crowd shout Sensibles a Wanker,but they have produced some great albums and Vanians voice is better than ever,he's possibly the only reason I would go.Lt Kudu.
Yes agreed never slick but never the less a great band once back in the day,I've seen them a few times in the '80s and always enjoyed the gigs especially when they would play.......
CURTAIN CALL!!!!!
Just the very best live track.
Agreed gig price's to high for me but might well check out the new album though at some stage.
Sir they are playing Southampton guildhall as part of tour but it means staying overnight as I don't like night driving these days.so won't go,they are a bit shambolic live not as tight as the Stranglers but are always good fun.Major Smith.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Is the album out on Friday?
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

FB_IMG_1680126857422.jpg
FB_IMG_1680126857422.jpg (156.41 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
jason wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 22:46 Is the album out on Friday?
Nope....28th April.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 22:53 FB_IMG_1680126857422.jpg
jason wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 22:46 Is the album out on Friday?
Nope....28th April.
Cheers Cells.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

theraven1979 wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 14:28 A very bold setlist indeed! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-damn ... b1385.html
Jim
Yes they are playing all of the new album bar one I think - which probably should have been out by now if it wasn't for the vinyl delays. I don't think it was planned this way.

A few moaning about the bold set but you'd think they'd be bored of the same old by now. I know I am.
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Good set list.Major Dundee
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yes bold set list but very good I like the way it's all the new album bar one and why not do a completely new set list of the new album that's never been seen or heard live before I like their way of thinking ....Damnd fans should be in for a treat and will get their money's worth.
Still such a good band whose always given their all live.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I have seen a few negative reviews of the tour so far, apparently some walked out at Cardiff as they didn't want to hear all the album,I commend the Damned for being brave,the Stranglers could learn a thing or two,Shame I won't be able to see them on this tour as have other commitments,but I will order the album,it's been getting good reviews and I like what I have heard so far.Major kudu they gave my crown back.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Excellent sound and performance in Oxford.
Yes, too many new tracks played up against each other but there are definitely some good things coming our way. Should have spaced them out a bit but fair play! How many times do we get the "play the old stuff"

Of course there were the dickheads but all in all, good songs, excited for the new album
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 19:09 Excellent sound and performance in Oxford.
Yes, too many new tracks played up against each other but there are definitely some good things coming our way. Should have spaced them out a bit but fair play! How many times do we get the "play the old stuff"

Of course there were the dickheads but all in all, good songs, excited for the new album
Thats good to hear,I have seen some footage and they are sounding good,but sometimes the Damned can be very sloppy live,they certainly aren't a polished live band, which is good And no backing tracks like a certain band have started using in a few songs.Major Styles.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Wasn’t that mad about having to hear the new album played live in full before it’s release but the great thing about this tinternet malarkey is fans uploads of recent gigs on youtube have enabled me to familiarise meself with the new songs. Must say they’re quite good so looking forward even more so to tonight’s gig.
Shush this is serious