Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: New Damned Album 2023

Post by Five Minutes »

New interview with Rat

Not watched it yet

https://youtu.be/m-5fu3nSIv4
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Underwhelming news,good luck to them.Lt kudu.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

From a music magazin copied.
From a music magazin copied.
Screenshot_20221209_065542_Facebook.jpg (552.67 KiB) Viewed 22933 times
Attachments
Enjoy
Enjoy
Screenshot_20221209_065520_Facebook.jpg (875.05 KiB) Viewed 22933 times
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Have The Damned released anything notable since “Strawberries”? I kind of want to say “Phantasmagoria” is a good album, but it’s not really by The Damned previous standard, but the goth in me likes that album. The last Damned album I really knew was “Anything” and I don’t believe anyone is going to say that was much more than mediocre. Do the Damned still make good records?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jake wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:14 Have The Damned released anything notable since “Strawberries”? I kind of want to say “Phantasmagoria” is a good album, but it’s not really by The Damned previous standard, but the goth in me likes that album. The last Damned album I really knew was “Anything” and I don’t believe anyone is going to say that was much more than mediocre. Do the Damned still make good records?
I thought the last album Evil Spirits was good,but I've gone off them recently due to their money Grabbing inflated reunion ticket prices etc.Lt Kudu.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Greatkudu wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:16 I thought the last album Evil Spirits was good,but I've gone off them recently due to their money Grabbing inflated reunion ticket prices etc.Lt Kudu.
I have to say, you didn’t miss a lot by the looks of it on YouTube, no energy in the performance. I think I saw that line up at Brixton Academy in 89, it was ok, but not great. I think The Damned are “Hit and Miss”, the albums Machine Gun and Black Album I class as essential, but I can take it or leave it with most of the Damned. I do seem to recall The Damned as like some kind of second favourite for stranglers fans, not sure if it’s any longer the case though.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jake wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:42
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 13:16 I thought the last album Evil Spirits was good,but I've gone off them recently due to their money Grabbing inflated reunion ticket prices etc.Lt Kudu.
I have to say, you didn’t miss a lot by the looks of it on YouTube, no energy in the performance. I think I saw that line up at Brixton Academy in 89, it was ok, but not great. I think The Damned are “Hit and Miss”, the albums Machine Gun and Black Album I class as essential, but I can take it or leave it with most of the Damned. I do seem to recall The Damned as like some kind of second favourite for stranglers fans, not sure if it’s any longer the case though.
To be fair the reunion footage wasn't bad,a bit disjointed,but the Damned were never slick,they have made some great albums but I agree hit and miss,the last one was good,but Its really not on my priority list to get the next one,or see them live again,it's becoming a bit Cabaret IMHO,Sensible says the same thing,while the crowd shout Sensibles a Wanker,but they have produced some great albums and Vanians voice is better than ever,he's possibly the only reason I would go.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Evil Spirits is pretty good IMO. They're a bit hit and miss like The Stranglers post 90. I favour the Damned's stuff slightly in that respect. I thought Grave Disorder was great when it came out but it seems to have aged badly.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 14:28 Evil Spirits is pretty good IMO. They're a bit hit and miss like The Stranglers post 90. I favour the Damned's stuff slightly in that respect. I thought Grave Disorder was great when it came out but it seems to have aged badly.

Jim
Agreed about Grave Disorder,I still think the Black Album is their best album but obviously my opinion,Clips ive heard one new one seem like re hashes trying to create the older sound,but I maybe wrong? And sometimes I am .Lt Kudu. :smt013
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Anything had 3 of their best ever songs IMHO. Obviously as Captain isn't on it they never do anything from it live.

I've not heard anything they've done since apart from Evil Spirits which I thought was mediocre.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop