BBC series

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: BBC series

Post by theraven1979 »

BBC4 alone is worth the licence fee

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

BBC license fee is £160, and for that you get all the TV channels and all the Radio stations.
The charging model might be outdated, and some of the TV programmes are now shite, but even so its a bargain at that price.
Eg I listen to Radio 5 and Radio 6 regularly, and probably get my monies worth just on those.
I Hate You !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Absolutely - BBC4 , Radio6 and Radio 4 are the most played TV and radio stations in my house. The quality is much higher than the Ant & Dec shite on ITV etc. In fact I can't remember the last time I watched ITV or Channel 5, the programmes are so budget and weak. Channel 4 gets a very occasional viewing.

Jim
aldinblack wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 10:31 BBC license fee is £160, and for that you get all the TV channels and all the Radio stations.
The charging model might be outdated, and some of the TV programmes are now shite, but even so its a bargain at that price.
Eg I listen to Radio 5 and Radio 6 regularly, and probably get my monies worth just on those.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

theraven1979 wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 23:18 BBC4 alone is worth the licence fee
I was pleased to see BBC3 come back because there used to be some good stuff on it, but since it's returned I don't think there has been anything worth watching to me. But BBC4 is closing down in a couple of years, and if that's because 3 has come back, I don't think it was a swap I'd have wanted.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I stand by my opinion :smt013 Lt Cmdr Kudu reading the Bible,over and out .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I would love to be an Autoque reader for £200.000 while Pensioners struggle to pay license fee,Land of Shame.good innit.Lt Kudu.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:36 I would love to be an Autoque reader for £200.000 while Pensioners struggle to pay license fee,Land of Shame.good innit.Lt Kudu.
Well, go and do that then. Let's hope you're more articulate than most of the members of the general public who get interviewed in the street on local news programmes, because most of those can't even read out their own words, never mind someone else's.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:54
Greatkudu wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:36 I would love to be an Autoque reader for £200.000 while Pensioners struggle to pay license fee,Land of Shame.good innit.Lt Kudu.
Well, go and do that then. Let's hope you're more articulate than most of the members of the general public who get interviewed in the street on local news programmes, because most of those can't even read out their own words, never mind someone else's.
Oh yes they seem to get odd people,I was interviewed a few years ago and appeared on our local BBC news l, interviewed by a rather attractive lady, sorry to be sexist,a few people saw me and were quite impressed? Well of course who wouldn't be impressed by my suave delivery, joking of course.Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 10:42 Absolutely - BBC4 , Radio6 and Radio 4 are the most played TV and radio stations in my house. The quality is much higher than the Ant & Dec shite on ITV etc. In fact I can't remember the last time I watched ITV or Channel 5, the programmes are so budget and weak. Channel 4 gets a very occasional viewing.

Jim
aldinblack wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 10:31 BBC license fee is £160, and for that you get all the TV channels and all the Radio stations.
I absolutely love BBC 4, I think the BBC got it absolutely spot on with that channel. Even if it did close down, I think they'd migrate most of the better content on that channel over to BBC 2 anyway. I agree that the charging model is outdated, but other than that I've no complaints. The BBC is also a respected service internationally.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 10:42 Absolutely - BBC4 , Radio6 and Radio 4 are the most played TV and radio stations in my house. The quality is much higher than the Ant & Dec shite on ITV etc. In fact I can't remember the last time I watched ITV or Channel 5, the programmes are so budget and weak. Channel 4 gets a very occasional viewing.

Jim
I absolutely love BBC 4, I think the BBC got it absolutely spot on with that channel. Even if it did close down, I think they'd migrate most of the better content on that channel over to BBC 2 anyway. I agree that the charging model is outdated, but other than that I've no complaints. The BBC is also a respected service internationally.
Yep probably more respected than Britain

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

The BBC is also a respected service internationally
100% true
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

evonx wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 08:02
The BBC is also a respected service internationally
100% true
I cannot fault it's News and Natural History Programmes.

It's Radio Stations are still the best in the World.