Tilburg

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Tilburg

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 20:54
toneinstoke wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:33 As JJ keeps telling us at the end of every gig now,
The greatest rock & roll band in the world !
Most of us on here have known that for years.
Lets hope they continue for a few more years.
Agreed!
The only criticism of the band live apart from Set not changing much,is that JJ says the same stuff every night IE GO Buddy Go the first Stranglers song etc,a bit to choreographed.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 10:41
toneinstoke wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 13:33 As JJ keeps telling us at the end of every gig now,
The greatest rock & roll band in the world !
Most of us on here have known that for years.
Lets hope they continue for a few more years.
Agreed!
The only criticism of the band live apart from Set not changing much,is that JJ says the same stuff every night IE GO Buddy Go the first Stranglers song etc,a bit to choreographed.Lt Kudu.
Yep can't disagree there your right about the set and banter...musically fautless which is the main thing at the end of the day but a newer approach with the set is due and needed keeping the gigs nice and fresh and intresting i think which is why i like Hugh's mind set so much who hates to keep banging on at the same old beat so to speak whose always been one to try something new with a new twang on the old ones too which as a musician i get and fully understand why he does,but all musicians are different obviously in their approach and what they want to do,perhaps they still think it's what the paying fans want to still hear from them and expect them to keep playing the same hits,i mean GB is prime example of that.
If i was them i'd get the fans to vote on their site in what songs they'd like them to play on a special fans voted songs night then the fans could hear the songs they voted for them to play,I bet an idea like that would go down a storm with the fans if they have'nt already done something like that as tbh as i would'nt really know post hugh '90 and in the mk11 days and several conventions worth that i did'nt go to but if they have'nt before it would be a good idea at some point to do something like that i think on their site like they did asking the fans for their stories for the book which was a great idea, but what about the same idea but in a voted fans special songs night live even if it was a special one off gig somewhere on their 50th would be perfect not that i think that would ever happen though tbh.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 08 Oct 2022, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 19:44
Greatkudu wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 10:41

Agreed!
Yep can't disagree there your right about the set and banter...musically fautless which is the main thing at the end of the day but a newer approach with the set is due and needed keeping the gigs nice and fresh and intresting i think which is why i like Hugh's mind set so much who hates to keep banging on at the same old beat so to speak whose always been one to try something new with a new twang on the old ones too which as a musician i get and fully understand why he does,but all musicians are different obviously in their approach and what they want to do,perhaps they still think it's what the paying fans want to still hear from them and expect them to keep playing the same hits,i mean GB is prime example of that.
If i was them i'd get the fans to vote on their site in what songs they'd like them to play on a special fans voted songs night then the fans could hear the songs they voted for them to play,I bet an idea like that would go down a storm with the fans if they have'nt already done something like that as tbh as i would'nt really know post hugh '90 and in the mk11 days and several conventions worth that i did'nt go to but if they have'nt before it would be a good idea at some point to do something like that i think on their site like they did asking the fans for their stories for the book which was a great but what about the same idea but in a voted fans special songs night live even if it was a special one off gig somewhere on their 50th would be perfect.
Yes a great idea,the fans deserve it.Lt Kudu.