Dark Matters Vs Suite XVI

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Suite XVI or Dark Matters?

Poll ended at 03 Mar 2023, 17:25

Suite XVI
54%
Dark Matters
46%

Total votes: 56

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dark Matters Vs Suite XVI

Post by evonx »

Just lyrics about being an old fart
For me that's The Lines on DM. I think DM is the better album. Better sound, more interesting, more emotions. Not all songs are good but for me Suite is mostly rather mediocre mixed with a few stellar tracks (Slipping Away, Anything) and average production. Even Giants gets more airplay here.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

It just shows how we all hear things differently,I'm going to have to start talking about Buddishm again, everyone has a different reality to what they perceive in every way,it could be art,music or something else,but I find Relentless has really touched a nerve recently,I'm In a transitional stage in my life (know not in the way some of you may be thinking) But when my Dad passed away my focus was gone and hasn't really returned so things like a song help me,it may be a bit sad,but I'm 55 and time is moving on.Fuck knows what the future holds but I have some great Nieces and Nephew who have rallied round.Sorry to go off thread.Lt Cmdr Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I think it's hard to dislike Relentless isn't? For me it's a classic. 8)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

And as far as the albums go they are both very good. Suite has possibly better faster rockier tracks but Dark Matters is probably a bit more diverse. Both 9/10 for me.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 18:36 It just shows how we all hear things differently,I'm going to have to start talking about Buddishm again, everyone has a different reality to what they perceive in every way,it could be art,music or something else,but I find Relentless has really touched a nerve recently,I'm In a transitional stage in my life (know not in the way some of you may be thinking) But when my Dad passed away my focus was gone and hasn't really returned so things like a song help me,it may be a bit sad,but I'm 55 and time is moving on.Fuck knows what the future holds but I have some great Nieces and Nephew who have rallied round.Sorry to go off thread.Lt Cmdr Kudu.
Music has always been there i've found in many highs and lows in my life.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

It's been good reading peoples views on Suite v DM and it seems very close between the two albums for many and maybe that on the whole that is about right and they are both very different styles to compare, i still stand by White Stallion and Relentless from both and Relelntelss being Baz's best,intrestingly i've seen non Stranglers friends of mine hear me play Relentless not knowing who it''s by it and have said that's a great song whose singing that? and when i've said the Stranglers they seemed surprised and have said that they really liked it which is intresting to hear that from many neutral music listerners.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 28 Sep 2022, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

Suite XV1 re-entry in official BBC charts this week at number 45
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Noticed the official site didn't tweet this . It's still higher than the original release though?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I wasn't expecting this re release to even get near the charts so it hasn't done too badly. I must admit I didn't buy it. The bonus disc didn't really tempt me enough and I don't really play vinyl anymore.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jason wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 18:52 I think it's hard to dislike Relentless isn't? For me it's a classic. 8)
I think it can stand head and shoulders with any song from any era , one of a very few classic tracks that they have done since Hugh left , and to me as good as anything they have done .
All quiet ..........
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

theraven1979 wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 21:02 Noticed the official site didn't tweet this Image. It's still higher than the original release though?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Maybe they didn't expect much so haven't looked 🤔
All quiet ..........
the taxman
Rats Rally

Post by the taxman »

might have been top 20 if released with bonus disc of Paul Roberts vocals that are unreleased gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere