BBC Radio Summer with Steven - The Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

BBC Radio Summer with Steven - The Stranglers

Post by Frederik »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001bgxm

Steven is joined by JJ Burnel, bassist of The Stranglers for a look back at their incredible career, and a view of what lies in the future for the band
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: BBC Radio Summer with Steven - The Stranglers

Post by Greatkudu »

It's a really good listen,and gives clarity about the future,they will carry on but no big tours,which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment,but they love playing and they have an audience so why not? if it gives people enjoyment still seeing the band Good luck to them,JJs voice is still good so I thing they have a couple more years left,but there has to be an end date.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I quite enjoyed the reformed VU - there's a good live album that came out of that era IMO

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Sep 2022, 14:48 It's a really good listen,and gives clarity about the future,they will carry on but no big tours,which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment,but they love playing and they have an audience so why not? if it gives people enjoyment still seeing the band Good luck to them,JJs voice is still good so I thing they have a couple more years left,but there has to be an end date.Lt Kudu.
I wouldn't mind if they record a new album as well.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm very hopeful of another album as well, especially if they aren't touring as much.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Lafleur wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 14:43
Greatkudu wrote: 05 Sep 2022, 14:48 It's a really good listen,and gives clarity about the future,they will carry on but no big tours,which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment,but they love playing and they have an audience so why not? if it gives people enjoyment still seeing the band Good luck to them,JJs voice is still good so I thing they have a couple more years left,but there has to be an end date.Lt Kudu.
I don't know how I would feel about a new album without Dave,part of the appeal of Dark Matters was it was Dave's final recordings, which I know helped sales obviously because it was a tribute to Dave,but let's see,they certainly will have more time as not touring as much,but looking at next year's schedule,they seem to have quite a few dates planned,and I think they will announce a British tour soon for next year, possibly playing bigger venues but shorter tour? That's my prediction,as they don't seem to be able to stop playing live.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 19:46
Lafleur wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 14:43
I don't know how I would feel about a new album without Dave,part of the appeal of Dark Matters was it was Dave's final recordings, which I know helped sales obviously because it was a tribute to Dave,but let's see,they certainly will have more time as not touring as much,but looking at next year's schedule,they seem to have quite a few dates planned,and I think they will announce a British tour soon for next year, possibly playing bigger venues but shorter tour? That's my prediction,as they don't seem to be able to stop playing live.Lt Kudu.
We have been saying about how much they are still as a unit are on top of their game,tight and full of energy and can still give a dam good gig,so for those who still want to see them live and why not they still are very much in demand with plenty who still want to see them live who can still sell a avenue out so i don't blame them one bit for wanting to carry on and it's obvious still they are enjoying the live circuit still and the crowd interaction...so good luck to them for i think many a year to come and as for another album it's up to them which is another ball game entirely getting another album full of new material and would they want to without Dave so that's for them to decide in time if they do or do not wish to do that,but on the gig front it's all looking good for many a year yet i'd say.