Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5101
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by Greatkudu »

Am I the only one who is unfazed and fed up with this fever pitch coverage of a fucking Football match on the BBC etc,there is a War in Ukraine the most dangerous period for the world since the Cuban Missile Crisis and all I hear is the fucking Womens football result,who fucking cares? I hate football anyway,but let's concentrate on bigger issues,yes good luck to them,but it's total overkill,and I think the over the top celebrations of the team is a bad role model for young people,have some decorum and class.Lt Kudu. :smt013
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 34850
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by theraven1979 »

Stop being a miserable old fart. One bit of good news in a world of shite at the moment. Celebrate it


Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5101
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 08:34 Stop being a miserable old fart. One bit of good news in a world of shite at the moment. Celebrate it


Jim
Yes fair point,but I'm sorry I just can't get excited about it,I got excited about World Superbike last night,a Sport which is totally undervalued,I can't be something I'm not,so I can't celebrate the Women's Euros.Lt Kudu. :smt013
User avatar
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1185
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 12:56
Location: Here and there

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by jetblacksdad »

I wondered when Women doing something positive would re-enforce the stereotype of Stranglers fans being misogynistic old farts!

I was delighted to see it and genuinely thought the level of skill was highly impressive but what impressed me is the amount of fight and competitive spirit compared top the prima-donna men and also the levels of respect. Far less rolling around the pitch and bad mouthing.

Good job, well done!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5101
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:39 I wondered when Women doing something positive would re-enforce the stereotype of Stranglers fans being misogynistic old farts!

I was delighted to see it and genuinely thought the level of skill was highly impressive but what impressed me is the amount of fight and competitive spirit compared top the prima-donna men and also the levels of respect. Far less rolling around the pitch and bad mouthing.

Good job, well done!
Will agree to disagree on that one, I just think there is to much emphasis on sport,to me it represents a jingoistic attitude of this country trying to believe they rule the world like we used to and we don't,I loathe Football generally but I stand by my view that it's been overblown,of course the Government are happy as it makes people forget about how fucked this country is at the present time,with cost of living etc,of course you have to have some diversion,mine is music,but watching the World Superbike last night took my mind off things for a bit,good luck to the Women's team,it's nothing to do with Gender,I would feel the same if the mens team one, I just don't understand the obsession with Football and sport in General,the real heroes are nurses in hospitals struggling to live.Lt Kudu.
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 34850
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by theraven1979 »

Was that Woman's World Superbike you were watching Kudu? :smt006

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:14
jetblacksdad wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:39 I wondered when Women doing something positive would re-enforce the stereotype of Stranglers fans being misogynistic old farts!

I was delighted to see it and genuinely thought the level of skill was highly impressive but what impressed me is the amount of fight and competitive spirit compared top the prima-donna men and also the levels of respect. Far less rolling around the pitch and bad mouthing.

Good job, well done!
Will agree to disagree on that one, I just think there is to much emphasis on sport,to me it represents a jingoistic attitude of this country trying to believe they rule the world like we used to and we don't,I loathe Football generally but I stand by my view that it's been overblown,of course the Government are happy as it makes people forget about how fucked this country is at the present time,with cost of living etc,of course you have to have some diversion,mine is music,but watching the World Superbike last night took my mind off things for a bit,good luck to the Women's team,it's nothing to do with Gender,I would feel the same if the mens team one, I just don't understand the obsession with Football and sport in General,the real heroes are nurses in hospitals struggling to live.Lt Kudu.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5101
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:16 Was that Woman's World Superbike you were watching Kudu? :smt006

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:14
jetblacksdad wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:39 I wondered when Women doing something positive would re-enforce the stereotype of Stranglers fans being misogynistic old farts!

I was delighted to see it and genuinely thought the level of skill was highly impressive but what impressed me is the amount of fight and competitive spirit compared top the prima-donna men and also the levels of respect. Far less rolling around the pitch and bad mouthing.

Good job, well done!
Will agree to disagree on that one, I just think there is to much emphasis on sport,to me it represents a jingoistic attitude of this country trying to believe they rule the world like we used to and we don't,I loathe Football generally but I stand by my view that it's been overblown,of course the Government are happy as it makes people forget about how fucked this country is at the present time,with cost of living etc,of course you have to have some diversion,mine is music,but watching the World Superbike last night took my mind off things for a bit,good luck to the Women's team,it's nothing to do with Gender,I would feel the same if the mens team one, I just don't understand the obsession with Football and sport in General,the real heroes are nurses in hospitals struggling to live.Lt Kudu.
Sadly there is only one Woman riding in top level Motorcycle Racing and that is Ana Carrasco from Spain,she is riding in Moto 3 this year,and in 2018 she was the first Female rider to win a world championship in world supersport 300, now thats an achievement she beat all the men.Lt Kudu. :smt005
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 34850
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by theraven1979 »

Something else to celebrate Kudu along with the Lionesses 8)

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:24
theraven1979 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:16 Was that Woman's World Superbike you were watching Kudu? :smt006

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:14

Will agree to disagree on that one, I just think there is to much emphasis on sport,to me it represents a jingoistic attitude of this country trying to believe they rule the world like we used to and we don't,I loathe Football generally but I stand by my view that it's been overblown,of course the Government are happy as it makes people forget about how fucked this country is at the present time,with cost of living etc,of course you have to have some diversion,mine is music,but watching the World Superbike last night took my mind off things for a bit,good luck to the Women's team,it's nothing to do with Gender,I would feel the same if the mens team one, I just don't understand the obsession with Football and sport in General,the real heroes are nurses in hospitals struggling to live.Lt Kudu.
Sadly there is only one Woman riding in top level Motorcycle Racing and that is Ana Carrasco from Spain,she is riding in Moto 3 this year,and in 2018 she was the first Female rider to win a world championship in world supersport 300, now thats an achievement she beat all the men.Lt Kudu. :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5101
Joined: 12 May 2010, 09:58

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:27 Something else to celebrate Kudu along with the Lionesses 8)

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:24
theraven1979 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 10:16 Was that Woman's World Superbike you were watching Kudu? :smt006

Jim

Sadly there is only one Woman riding in top level Motorcycle Racing and that is Ana Carrasco from Spain,she is riding in Moto 3 this year,and in 2018 she was the first Female rider to win a world championship in world supersport 300, now thats an achievement she beat all the men.Lt Kudu. :smt005
:smt005
User avatar
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2352
Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 22:56
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by aldinblack »

The women have shown the men how to do it. Without any of the nonsense either. Even the shirt taking off was better :-)

It could be said that football coveredge is disproportionate, but it is the national sport. People need something to follow and enjoy, amongst all the shit in the world. Unfortunately men's elite level football now contains enough shit of its own. By comparison the women's game seems unspoilt. Let's hope that lasts..
I Hate You !
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 664
Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 12:24

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by Yanders »

Mate, they still bang on about the 1966 world cup. Men get to the semis and the nation wet themselves for months. These women weren't professionals 10 years ago and managed to achieve something that the very well paid professional men can't do.

If you're not interested fine, but it's been days, not even weeks.

I'm not interested in football at all, but I can name male footballers, why shouldnt the women get a bit of public attention for 5 minutes?
markorbit
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 908
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 21:54
Location: Home

Re: Women's Euros over the top coverage.

Post by markorbit »

As for the Lionesses... crikey it's the first time England have won anything since 1966 so they deserve ALL the plaudits. I watched the final and it was great to see an England team do well and not fall at the last hurdle. Must admit to shedding a little tear here and there seeing them fight for the cause. There was something special about the England women managing to 'bring it home' before the blokes but it wasn't an easy task and it could have gone either way.

it puts pressure on the men's team for the World Cup.

I hate the Football's Coming Home song now though... it's outlived it's welcome and maybe now we can drop it.
Last edited by markorbit on 04 Aug 2022, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Boogie
Post Reply