Live Excerpts official fan book

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Live Excerpts official fan book

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 21:05
toilerinblack wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 13:08
Greatkudu wrote: 11 Jul 2022, 16:27

I don't play Bass so no interest in JJs plectrum,but I have a couple of pairs of Jets gig used drumsticks which are pretty impressive.Lt Kudu.
Great special package there even though the price isn't lol
I was silly I ordered the deluxe version with JJs sweaty socks included.Lt Kudu. :smt005
Blimey that's a bit of a stinker then lol
Good for you ....fair play i hope you really enjoy what you get.....your a true fan!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Frederik wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 22:20 A chance for 1 lucky winner to receive a ‘Golden VIP laminate’. This will give the winner free admission for two people to any future Stranglers gig in the world free of charge!
:roll:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 14:26
Frederik wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 22:20 A chance for 1 lucky winner to receive a ‘Golden VIP laminate’. This will give the winner free admission for two people to any future Stranglers gig in the world free of charge!
:roll:
You know you want the book.Lt Kudu. :smt005
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

So I've now ordered this book, although I do think £40 is a bit expensive tbh. But I haven't bought a music related book for some time so not sure what a fair price is for something like this..
I was just bored one day so I sent in a pic of me a Dave with a little story of how I discovered the band.., which should be in it.
Ah well I guess this book could make a nice memento..
I Hate You !
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

No offence to anyone but fan anecdotes don't interest me that much.Fans of the band telling fans of the band how great the band are.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Each to their own about this book .... but i actually think it's a great idea involving their fans and their stories from this bands long career where many fans have grown up with them for what seems like a lifetime,but the price is expensive i feel but again i don't really buy books very often so i couldn't fairly put a right price on it but lowering the price in todays hard time for their loyal fans would of been nice maybe so all of their fans could afford to purchase a copy if they wanted to and i do wonder just how many copies will get purchased? bit i do like the whole idea of this book though.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

lowering the price in todays hard time for their loyal fans
The book is not produced by the band but a music book publisher (This Day in Music Books) so lowering the price for "their loyal fans" is not an option.
And whilst on the subject, I find the prices on the official merchandise site pretty steep especially when ordering from outside the UK with current postage prices
Prices for books are going up slightly due to the paper getting more expensive the last year, transport costs are up, lack of capacity at printers post--covid etc. Many titles that were 10.99 have gone up to 11.99 or 12.99 which people that regularly buy books will have noticed.

Disclaimer ; I am in the book trade ;)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 21:30
lowering the price in todays hard time for their loyal fans
The book is not produced by the band but a music book publisher (This Day in Music Books) so lowering the price for "their loyal fans" is not an option.
And whilst on the subject, I find the prices on the official merchandise site pretty steep especially when ordering from outside the UK with current postage prices
Prices for books are going up slightly due to the paper getting more expensive the last year, transport costs are up, lack of capacity at printers post--covid etc. Many titles that were 10.99 have gone up to 11.99 or 12.99 which people that regularly buy books will have noticed.

Disclaimer ; I am in the book trade ;)
right ok...intresting facts you've pointed out there i wouldn't tbh...but thanks.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Not interested in it myself, heard endless fan stories anyhow .... we all have them. Regarding the Robert Endecot book which was in the same vein ... thought it was shite tbh, nothing new. Was more for the fanboi's.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Homer wrote:Not interested in it myself, heard endless fan stories anyhow .... we all have them. Regarding the Robert Endecot book which was in the same vein ... thought it was shite tbh, nothing new. Was more for the fanboi's.
To be fair that was only a tenner

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Another not very interesting stranglers book by the sound of it, still it has original observations, first hand testimony, something completely lacking in the two titles released by a Laura Shenton, her 1977 book was just about ok, but her La Folie title is a completely dismal effort.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Just seen an excerpt posted.Basically - "Me and two mates went to see the Stranglers,we were late for the train and almost missed the gig but borrowed a car to get there".I know it's harmless stuff and people's hearts are in the right place but it's not exactly a riveting read.No offence intended to any contributors.