Live Excerpts official fan book

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Live Excerpts official fan book

Post by Greatkudu »

Ruby wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 16:51 Just seen an excerpt posted.Basically - "Me and two mates went to see the Stranglers,we were late for the train and almost missed the gig but borrowed a car to get there".I know it's harmless stuff and people's hearts are in the right place but it's not exactly a riveting read.No offence intended to any contributors.
I wish I had sent something but was to occupied by more important things at the time,I think I could have sent some interesting recollections.Lt Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

You can post anecdotes here,Kudu.Here's mine- Met in pub opposite train station,got on the train after a couple of pints,another couple of drinks in pub near venue,bought a t-shirt from the merchandise stall,watched the gig and then caught the train back home.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 17:27 You can post anecdotes here,Kudu.Here's mine- Met in pub opposite train station,got on the train after a couple of pints,another couple of drinks in pub near venue,bought a t-shirt from the merchandise stall,watched the gig and then caught the train back home.
I think you've made the point for the many really,but i suppose there are some with some good stories to tell that either happened on the way or in the gig or on the way home that could be good for the book,i suppose for me there was'nt much to tell like you have said but i do remember the incident with JJ and the band would'nt continue to play on because of the bouncers at the Hammersmith Odeon which was a tale in itself and seeing him jump into the crowd on another ocassion but are they good stories for a book? i dunno.For me i'd be intrested to see just what stories are in there because on the whole for the many like you have said ..not a lot really,you go you see and you leave,but obviously there is enough good ones so it could be a good and intresting read those those who do like that sort of thing with plenty who would'nt,but i actually like the idea and think it could be a good read tbh.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Just seen an excerpt posted.Basically - "Me and two mates went to see the Stranglers,we were late for the train and almost missed the gig but borrowed a car to get there".I know it's harmless stuff and people's hearts are in the right place but it's not exactly a riveting read.No offence intended to any contributors.
It'll be lots of this but it's all a bit of (self indulgent) fun. Expensive but fun. I did a small bit bout my first gig which made the book. I mostly look forward to unseen photos.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I worked with Robert Endecott on The Peaches book. I played a very small part he did the bulk of the work but it was the same deal basically. Fan gig reviews and album reviews. What we attempted to do though was make it chronological and Robert painstakingly went through all the bootlegs to quote Hugh's Peaches "I can think of a lot worse places to be like....." Which would be different every night. I selected the photos which at the time were unseen (now they're all over the internet). Even though a lot of effort went into it it was priced reasonably for the fans

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 21:03 I worked with Robert Endecott on The Peaches book. I played a very small part he did the bulk of the work but it was the same deal basically. Fan gig reviews and album reviews. What we attempted to do though was make it chronological and Robert painstakingly went through all the bootlegs to quote Hugh's Peaches "I can think of a lot worse places to be like....." Which would be different every night. I selected the photos which at the time were unseen (now they're all over the internet). Even though a lot of effort went into it it was priced reasonably for the fans

Jim

Intresting..like you say a lot of effort went into but rewarding hopefully and an important part was i think was unseen photos and it was reasonably priced for the fans,so all round sounded a good buy to me.
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 21:03 I worked with Robert Endecott on The Peaches book. I played a very small part he did the bulk of the work but it was the same deal basically. Fan gig reviews and album reviews. What we attempted to do though was make it chronological and Robert painstakingly went through all the bootlegs to quote Hugh's Peaches "I can think of a lot worse places to be like....." Which would be different every night. I selected the photos which at the time were unseen (now they're all over the internet). Even though a lot of effort went into it it was priced reasonably for the fans

Jim

It was a really good book.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Ruby wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 17:27 You can post anecdotes here,Kudu.Here's mine- Met in pub opposite train station,got on the train after a couple of pints,another couple of drinks in pub near venue,bought a t-shirt from the merchandise stall,watched the gig and then caught the train back home.
Ah very good,I have so many anecdotes,but I had other things going on when they should have been sent for book,I think now it would be for some got selfie with JJ and Baz and got broken drumstick from Jim and we made Baz laugh on stage by pulling faces,seems the level for some people.Lt Kudu.🤠
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Good memories of your gigs....
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

Hate to sound like a broken record … but when is the David Boni film coming out????
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Yeah Robert Endeacots book was decently priced, and a bit of a first really regarding the fans stories.
Whereas this one ..... get the fans to write it, then pay £75 to read what they've wrote.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Homer wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 22:32 Yeah Robert Endeacots book was decently priced, and a bit of a first really regarding the fans stories.
Whereas this one ..... get the fans to write it, then pay £75 to read what they've wrote.
FAF!