Jubilee anyone Celebrating the event?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Jubilee anyone Celebrating the event?

Post by Greatkudu »

Ok I admire the Queen for her service and amazing achievement as longest serving monarch but that's as far as it goes,it's an outdated institution, certain people given a huge amount of money to live in luxury because of their birth.It needs to be slimmed down to a small amount of individuals, people are struggling to live and these hangers on are living in ivory towers,I was never a big Pistols fan but I will be playing their version of God Save the Queen all over the Jubilee period,some leaflet came round the other day about a big picnic,you take your own food and hang out with people you don't know,why the fuck would I want to do that? Even if my Dad wasn't in Hospital at end of his life,I would have know interest in celebrating the Jubilee, remember the origins is set the prisoners free ? God Save the Queen the Facist Regime .Lt Kudu. :smt012
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Re: Jubilee anyone Celebrating the event?

Post by RetroRocket »

I was a massive Republican in my youth, inspired by Lydon and Morrissey! I've mellowed a bit as ive got older, and kind of understand the importance of some of the traditions and heritage, etc, as a part of British culture. But on the whole I'm quite indifferent, and view the Royals mainly as irritating minor celebrities...with maybe a couple of exceptions.

I also have no interest in these celebrations...and will do my best to avoid!

I was rehearsing with my band last night,; it sounded like every other band in the rehearsal rooms were practising the Pistol's 'God save the 'Queen '. Good to know there's still some spark of rebellion amongst the younger generation!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

RetroRocket wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 10:55 I was a massive Republican in my youth, inspired by Lydon and Morrissey! I've mellowed a bit as ive got older, and kind of understand the importance of some of the traditions and heritage, etc, as a part of British culture. But on the whole I'm quite indifferent, and view the Royals mainly as irritating minor celebrities...with maybe a couple of exceptions.

I also have no interest in these celebrations...and will do my best to avoid!

I was rehearsing with my band last night,; it sounded like every other band in the rehearsal rooms were practising the Pistol's 'God save the 'Queen '. Good to know there's still some spark of rebellion amongst the younger generation!
Yes and it's a fucking great song.Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

My ticket has just arrived for the concert / Party At The Palace.
Shame The Stranglers & Hugh aren’t playing though :? Might be added to the bill at the last minute hopefully.
Surprised there’s no Sex Pistols tbh.

droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Wow, that's a lot of very different acts on that bill. Killing Joke and Noel Edmonds, Bonnie Langford and Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

This Jubilee is really subjugation of the people,it takes the focus off the shit state this country is in,and all the staff who are looking after my dad are either from India or Africa etc,and a fucking great job they are doing.

The NHS is up shit creek,is the Jubilee going to solve that no,get rid of all the Royal Palaces and just keep one,turn all the others into shelters for the homeless,then I may raise a glass to the Queen? Lt Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Am
I
Fuck
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 15:55 Am
I
Fuck
I don't have a problem with the Queen,it's all the other fuckers.Lt Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 12:05 ..The Stranglers & Hugh aren’t playing though :? Might be added to the bill at the last minute hopefully

Yeah, once you get back into the photoshop I'm sure the Strangs will be added to that bill :wink: :lol:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

NO ...!!!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I am celebrating it at the Stone Valley. The first band I saw yesterday were a girl punk covers band called Nancy & the dolls. They opened with Pretty Vacant. Unfortunately they didn't play God Save the Queen though!

Like many others though I do have some respect for the Queen, but as for the rest of them...
I Hate You !
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Greatkudu wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 12:02 This Jubilee is really subjugation of the people,it takes the focus off the shit state this country is in,and all the staff who are looking after my dad are either from India or Africa etc,and a fucking great job they are doing.

The NHS is up shit creek,is the Jubilee going to solve that no,get rid of all the Royal Palaces and just keep one,turn all the others into shelters for the homeless,then I may raise a glass to the Queen? Lt Kudu.
Can not disagree with this.

The Jubilee is a great distraction from how well Brexit is going at least, and it gives Bozo a chance to keep his head down and enough Tory MPs to stay drunk in power. Whilst you’ve got the LOTO, so called telling us it’s our “Patriotic Duty” to celebrate the Jubilee. I am not going to be taking advise from any of the political parties thank you very much, Kier Starmer is very unoriginal with his ideas of being the vote winner, bland doesn’t even begin to cover it.

I don’t really get the hero worship, and the idea that the Queen has done so much for The Country. A small percentage of her offshore accounts and property could go a long way to helping homeless people. Sure she attends parades, and her presence could be of comfort to some in times of tragedy, but as you allude to, that’s no more than low paid NHS staff do every day.

I get that people respect The Queen, that’s their right, I would like to say I am indifferent really but certain things are disturbing, it never ceases to amaze me the level of bootlicking going on for the Ruling classes in this country. I saw that Jimmy Saville documentary recently, their cosy little relationship together, and now Andrew buying his way out of justice, if that’s the sort of family people like to hero worship then no wonder as a species we are well and truly doomed