The Stranglers - Rat Chat #8

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

shane
Down In The Sewer

Re: The Stranglers - Rat Chat #8

Post by shane »

I would think J.J. will want to keep things going for at least 2 more years in order to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
sdg
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

shane wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 19:43 I would think J.J. will want to keep things going for at least 2 more years in order to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

Yep been thinking the same for a while and whatever anyone wants to call em - JJ & Friends, JJ & Baz, JJ & The Stranglers tribute band etc I think JJ will deffo want to see The Stranglers 50th anniversary in so I think we’re on for 2024 and perhaps another album. He will be 72 then and I’m sure he’ll still be match fit, if older rockers like Waters, Gilmour, McCartney, Clapton, etc can manage it and are still hungry for it with all their hundreds of millions in the bank I’m sure JJ will be too.

It’d be great to see Hugh celebrate 50 years with The Stranglers in 2024 with a few gigs with them too and/ or celebrate it with the very last convention.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 22:10 It’d be great to see Hugh celebrate 50 years with The Stranglers in 2024 with a few gigs with them too and/ or celebrate it with the very last convention.
Don't hold your breath for the former.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Keep that dream alive bless! :lol:

Jim
droopsnoot wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 08:21
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 22:10 It’d be great to see Hugh celebrate 50 years with The Stranglers in 2024 with a few gigs with them too and/ or celebrate it with the very last convention.
Don't hold your breath for the former.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 20:18
Yanders wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 18:51 When comparing interviews from 42 years ago to ratchats now, it's like they are different people.
Yes , quite often deliberately antagonistic back then , but it was the punk thing to do wasn't it . I think now they are quite chilled and happy with life ,......mind you , you say like different people..........3 of them are different people or shouldn't I mention that for fear of .........STAN 😱
I don't think there's anything controversial there. The current JJ Burnel & Friends line-up in comparison to the "proper" Stranglers are - apart from JJ - literally different people.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

That's it - when Jet and Hugh and the remaining JohnnY Sox members started to rehearse Baz, Jim and Tobes weren't even born yet! :grin:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 09:59
Jon the Impaler wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 20:18
Yanders wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 18:51 When comparing interviews from 42 years ago to ratchats now, it's like they are different people.
Yes , quite often deliberately antagonistic back then , but it was the punk thing to do wasn't it . I think now they are quite chilled and happy with life ,......mind you , you say like different people..........3 of them are different people or shouldn't I mention that for fear of .........STAN 😱
I don't think there's anything controversial there. The current JJ Burnel & Friends line-up in comparison to the "proper" Stranglers are - apart from JJ - literally different people.
Yes 😁, it was a funny moment when I started that reply ......typing away and then thinking that they were actually different people entirely . The only constant .....JJ .........I think he had mellowed a fair bit over the years , but you can't be an angry rebel forever. If you are the same now as you were 40 years ago you have learned nothing .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes it would be pretty sad if people hadn't developed themselves as they get older,I'm pretty much the same but less intolerant and not as hot headed.but with JJ it's the 5ms ? With me its MMAW.Music,Motorbikes and Wildlife,I didn't want to mention Martial Arts as people would think I'm trying to be JJ? Im happy being me,the one and only Great Kudu :smt005 A legend in my life time,so I say. :smt005
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 09:01 Keep that dream alive bless! :lol:

Jim
Indeed, why not?
:grin:
:P
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

evonx wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 09:49 That's it - when Jet and Hugh and the remaining JohnnY Sox members started to rehearse Baz, Jim and Tobes weren't even born yet! :grin:
Being pedantic (or maybe thick) here, but surely Baz - and possibly Toby - were born prior to that? :grin:
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Josh wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 19:25
evonx wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 09:49 That's it - when Jet and Hugh and the remaining JohnnY Sox members started to rehearse Baz, Jim and Tobes weren't even born yet! :grin:
Being pedantic (or maybe thick) here, but surely Baz - and possibly Toby - were born prior to that? :grin:
Baz was born in 1964 I think? Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
Josh wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 19:25
Baz was born in 1964 I think? Lt Kudu.
Tribute band members can be born before the original band formed btw. No rules as long as they get the impersonation/Tribute right

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"