...more Continental Dates for March 2023

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: ...more Continental Dates for March 2023

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 28 May 2022, 11:52
Yanders wrote: 28 May 2022, 09:00 If baz is a strangler now, I don't see why a band with baz and no JJ can't be the stranglers? Especially if he just sticks to tracks he's written.

Is baz only a strangler when he's standing next to JJ?
God forbid if Baz carried on with The Stranglers name,he would play to a tiny audience,I'm sure Baz will always be in demand when the Stranglers end because he had been in the band,he could produce and mentor etc.Its the final end stage of the band but it's a long goodbye.Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed... you've said it all i think.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 28 May 2022, 11:52
Yanders wrote: 28 May 2022, 09:00 If baz is a strangler now, I don't see why a band with baz and no JJ can't be the stranglers? Especially if he just sticks to tracks he's written.

Is baz only a strangler when he's standing next to JJ?
God forbid if Baz carried on with The Stranglers name,he would play to a tiny audience,I'm sure Baz will always be in demand when the Stranglers end because he had been in the band,he could produce and mentor etc.Its the final end stage of the band but it's a long goodbye.Lt Kudu.
I feel the band the Stranglers starts and ends with the only original left in JJ,Baz could easlily continue on getting gigs and work having been the former frontman/ guitarist with the stranglers for sure with smaller gigs IF that is he's not going to do something else with JJ away from the Stranglers which could be a strong alternative or thought i think but hey who knows,for me' i'm all for Baz and Jim who have now been long term members being in the still the stranglers band and not the friends band because they are members of this every continuation band with well having earn't that right i think,but i'm not in favour of any continuation wIthout JJ in it and still being called the Stranglers i don't believe for one minute Baz or anyone else would ever think of doing that but who knows i'm only one fan on the outside looking in,but i'd like to think they wouldn't do that.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes hopefully that would be the case, everything has a beginning,middle and end,nothing lasts forever,I'm seeing this all to painfully at the moment with my Dad at the end of his life cycle in Hospital, absolutely heartbreaking.The band are in their final stage.Lt kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 28 May 2022, 13:06
Greatkudu wrote: As Hugh would say Squeezing the Lemon,but they will always have an audience until JJ finally decides to put the Curtain down,but please don't let them become a band with no original members.Lt Kudu.
As opposed to just 1?!

There's tribute bands that exist with 1 original band member

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes of course be but really the reason people still go is JJ is still in the band so they retain one quarter of the Stranglers original DNA but it seems like they are rolling on and on.But I doubt I will ever see them live again? IM more interested in what Hughs got coming up with his new album and Tour if I get chance
So you like tribute bands. Ok

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

It's a bit Bucks Fizz-ish at the moment, if JJ stops it'll be more Sugababes-ish
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:38
Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 28 May 2022, 13:06 As opposed to just 1?!

There's tribute bands that exist with 1 original band member

Jim

Yes of course be but really the reason people still go is JJ is still in the band so they retain one quarter of the Stranglers original DNA but it seems like they are rolling on and on.But I doubt I will ever see them live again? IM more interested in what Hughs got coming up with his new album and Tour if I get chance

Jim

It's peoples choice whether to see the Stranglers or not,as it is with Hugh,I like by both.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 28 May 2022, 21:04
theraven1979 wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:38
Greatkudu wrote:

Jim

It's peoples choice whether to see the Stranglers or not,as it is with Hugh,I like by both.Lt Kudu.
Agreed,that's it in a nutshell really if you wanna still see them still then go and enjoy it,if not and you think they are a tribute band then don't,i like both still like you but the only difference for me is my days live now are only with Hugh..but still 100% behind the band in what they do and still love what they are producing together who have notched the quality of a gig up to top gear for sure in my opinion, it's just for me anyway i decided to stop going live after Dave but still think Toby is the right man they have brought in who is doing an incredible job.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes I think even if people think they are a tribute band,no one can deny that Toby is doing an amazing job and fantastic musician as Baz and Jim are to.Music is helping me at the moment with my dad at end of life Stage but it just takes my mind off for a short time.Lt kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I would do Leuven this year if I could,I saw them before their and it's a great venue,lots of good bars and food,but at present I'm at the hospital most of the day.But music helps for a short time,and if the band want to carry on for a few more years and give people enjoyment why not,so much going on in the Country and world,gigs are an escape for a bit,then you deal with all the shit that life can bring.Lt Kudu.
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

Greatkudu wrote: 28 May 2022, 22:24 Yes I think even if people think they are a tribute band,no one can deny that Toby is doing an amazing job and fantastic musician as Baz and Jim are to.Music is helping me at the moment with my dad at end of life Stage but it just takes my mind off for a short time.Lt kudu.
Long may they continue to tour and record
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Mart wrote: 30 May 2022, 11:51
Greatkudu wrote: 28 May 2022, 22:24 Yes I think even if people think they are a tribute band,no one can deny that Toby is doing an amazing job and fantastic musician as Baz and Jim are to.Music is helping me at the moment with my dad at end of life Stage but it just takes my mind off for a short time.Lt kudu.
Yes but I can't really see another album to be honest,so it's catch them when you can,that's the Stranglers and not JJ and his hired hands .Lt Kudu
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

....Playing the music of those that came before them :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 30 May 2022, 14:39
Mart wrote: 30 May 2022, 11:51
Yes but I can't really see another album to be honest,so it's catch them when you can,that's the Stranglers and not JJ and his hired hands .Lt Kudu
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"