Dennis Waterman RiP a sad loss.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Dennis Waterman RiP a sad loss.

Post by Greatkudu »

I was very saddened to hear of the death of Dennis Waterman earlier,for a certain generation he was one of the most popular actors of the day and appeared in the iconic Sweeney and Minder to name two of his most popular series,a really sad loss to a huge talent.I will raise a glass for him tonight.Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dennis Waterman RiP a sad loss.

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 May 2022, 19:00 I was very saddened to hear of the death of Dennis Waterman earlier,for a certain generation he was one of the most popular actors of the day and appeared in the iconic Sweeney and Minder to name two of his most popular series,a really sad loss to a huge talent.I will raise a glass for him tonight.Lt Kudu.
Yes sad news.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Used to love watching him beat people up in Minder. And do a fair amount of shagging.

A sad loss wasn't too old really..
I Hate You !
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

aldinblack wrote: 08 May 2022, 23:05 Used to love watching him beat people up in Minder. And do a fair amount of shagging.
You enjoyed watching him shagging? :lol:

I always liked Little Britain's pisstake of him... "I write the theme toon, sing the theme toon" ...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 08 May 2022, 23:05 Used to love watching him beat people up in Minder. And do a fair amount of shagging.

A sad loss wasn't too old really..
Yes but he also did alot of Theatre work and was in the classic Hammer film Scars of Dracula,not forgetting playing Just William in BBC as a child actor,they don't make actors like him anymore or series as good as the Sweeney and Minder,I won't even say IMHO in this one ,I could watch Minder 24 hrs a day and never get bored ,the interplay between George Cole And Dennis Waterman was TV magic.what do we have now fuck all.Lt Kudu. :smt013
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Me grandad always watched Minder in the 80s seemed like it was constantly on when I visited. I started watching them again on ITV hub and was pleasantly surprised at how good the storylines and acting was. A fair few years back I was walking through Leeds and he was filming something. I walked past him in the street and did a double take.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 May 2022, 08:59 Me grandad always watched Minder in the 80s seemed like it was constantly on when I visited. I started watching them again on ITV hub and was pleasantly surprised at how good the storylines and acting was. A fair few years back I was walking through Leeds and he was filming something. I walked past him in the street and did a double take.

Jim
A great Memory,I used to watch Minder on Monday nights with my dad while my mum was at her Philosophy meeting.I don't remember a bad episode,it was never quite as good after Dennis left but George Cole was always a delight to watch.Lt Kudu .
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I missed out on Minder and The Sweeney for various reasons, I've caught up with a few as they've been on constant repeat for a few years, but I remember him more for being a copper with a slightly dodgy past (for a change) in "New Tricks", and the sitcom "On the up" which is being shown on Forces TV (for now, until the multiplex it's broadcast on is shut down).
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 09 May 2022, 12:12 I missed out on Minder and The Sweeney for various reasons, I've caught up with a few as they've been on constant repeat for a few years, but I remember him more for being a copper with a slightly dodgy past (for a change) in "New Tricks", and the sitcom "On the up" which is being shown on Forces TV (for now, until the multiplex it's broadcast on is shut down).
Classic series.Lt Kudu.