The Buzzcocks new album later in year.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

The Buzzcocks new album later in year.

Post by Greatkudu »

I see the Buzzcocks are releasing a new album later in year,they have an ep coming out soon,of course it will never be the same without Pete Shelley, but you have to Hand it to Steve Diggle for carrying on,Pete wanted the band to continue,they are still very good live from the footage I have seen,so I really look forward to the new album,Steve Diggle always gives it 100% live.But some will say it's not the Buzzcocks anymore with one original? So it's accept or not. Lt Kudu
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Buzzcocks new album later in year.

Post by jetblacksdad »

Diggle and Friends you mean? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I will hopefully be seeing Diggle and friends (as well as JJ Burnel and friends)
And a number of other not proper /tribute bands at the Stone Valley soon...
I'm looking forward to getting fooled by all these pretenders!
I Hate You !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good to know but that new single, Diggle sounds like he's pinching his nose - especially on the choruses

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 06 May 2022, 13:58 Good to know but that new single, Diggle sounds like he's pinching his nose - especially on the choruses

Jim
Was it produced by Liam Watson by any chance?!!!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 06 May 2022, 19:29
theraven1979 wrote: 06 May 2022, 13:58 Good to know but that new single, Diggle sounds like he's pinching his nose - especially on the choruses

Jim
I love Steve's voice but he always sounds like he has a cold, will never be as good without Pete but it's as it is , people don't have to go,but drummer Danny Farrant has been in band since around 2006 and Bass player Chris Remmington has been in band for quite a time,they also have another guitar player for live work,not sure he plays on album? But I will deff buy the album and would see them live.Steve Diggle always gives it 100% .Lt Kudu.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 May 2022, 20:45
jason wrote: 06 May 2022, 19:29

Jim
I love Steve's voice but he always sounds like he has a cold, will never be as good without Pete but it's as it is , people don't have to go,but drummer Danny Farrant has been in band since around 2006 and Bass player Chris Remmington has been in band for quite a time,they also have another guitar player for live work,not sure he plays on album? But I will deff buy the album and would see them live.Steve Diggle always gives it 100% .Lt Kudu.
Unfortunately , Pete isn't an option so I guess Buzzcocks have the same dilemma as us here .Diggle was never the main singer , he did the odd tracks of course . To me the Buzzcocks aren't the same without Pete but it's this or nothing , obviously Diggle like JJ thinks there are still things to be done , a career to be continued as The Buzzcocks.....up to him , I won't judge him on that , probably get this album myself to satisfy curiosity .
All quiet ..........
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's a very similar boat to the Stranglers I guess. Is this the genuine Buzzcocks I see before me or is this a "celebration of" ?

Jim
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 May 2022, 08:39 It's a very similar boat to the Stranglers I guess. Is this the genuine Buzzcocks I see before me or is this a "celebration of" ?

Jim
I think Steve did say it was keeping Pete's songs going,but people forget that Steve Diggle wrote some great songs in the Buzzcocks and I shouldn't say but I think the last album with Pete the way, Steve's songs were a bit better than Pete's,I did hear that Pete was thinking of retirement before he sadly passed and he had given Steve his blessing for the band to continue,Pete really lived the rock and roll lifestyle as does Steve.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You didn't answer the question . You see it as a "celebration of" then?

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2022, 11:01
theraven1979 wrote: 17 May 2022, 08:39 It's a very similar boat to the Stranglers I guess. Is this the genuine Buzzcocks I see before me or is this a "celebration of" ?

Jim
I think Steve did say it was keeping Pete's songs going,but people forget that Steve Diggle wrote some great songs in the Buzzcocks and I shouldn't say but I think the last album with Pete the way, Steve's songs were a bit better than Pete's,I did hear that Pete was thinking of retirement before he sadly passed and he had given Steve his blessing for the band to continue,Pete really lived the rock and roll lifestyle as does Steve.Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 May 2022, 11:41 You didn't answer the question . You see it as a "celebration of" then?

Jim

Jim
Yes I think it is a celebration of Pete's songs,and Steve Diggle has said that,and said that's the reason for carrying on.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Do you think this differs to "The Stranglers"? Stan where are you!? :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2022, 13:59
theraven1979 wrote: 17 May 2022, 11:41 You didn't answer the question . You see it as a "celebration of" then?

Jim

Yes I think it is a celebration of Pete's songs,and Steve Diggle has said that,and said that's the reason for carrying on.Lt Kudu.