Strangler in the light

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Strangler in the light

Post by droopsnoot »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 17:58 Sorry very off thread here but i didn't want to raise a new topic over on MK11 over such a small fact that i never knew and that was that only 50 copies of "Time to Die" Alternative version were ever pressed plus radio stations,i've heard it years ago but never knew so very few were ever pressed on CD.
This one?
Screenshot 2022-06-21 084510.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-21 084510.jpg (36.38 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
(from Strangled Vol 2 number 38)
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I have 1 of these. I also have 1 of the rare ITN T-Shirts with the face printed in reverse (I think there was about 30 of them that got out) - Official SIS release.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I have this CD.Lt Kudu.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 23:07
evonx wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 20:58
Sorry very off thread here but i didn't want to raise a new topic over on MK11 over such a small fact that i never knew and that was that only 50 copies of "Time to Die" Alternative version were ever pressed plus radio stations,i've heard it years ago but never knew so very few were ever pressed on CD.
These CD's were sold through SIS in the early nineties, very small number available yes, not sure how many. It is a superb version and I'm sorry I did not buy one at the time.
Like you say an excellent version i agree with you there too,it's just that i come across a guy talking about it on youtube as an alternative song and written it say's there were only 50 copies made plus radio stations so i don't know how many in total were made,i think it was one of their best songs without Hugh for sure that would of made a great MK1 track and there isn't many that i can say that about that would of been perfect as an MK1 song but that for sure was one of them.
I knew they did one , didn't get it but don't know why now , I like the song .Likewise I didn't know they made so few , I thought it was a few hundred . Wish I got it now though .
All quiet ..........
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

droopsnoot wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:46
toilerinblack wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 17:58 Sorry very off thread here but i didn't want to raise a new topic over on MK11 over such a small fact that i never knew and that was that only 50 copies of "Time to Die" Alternative version were ever pressed plus radio stations,i've heard it years ago but never knew so very few were ever pressed on CD.
This one?

Screenshot 2022-06-21 084510.jpg

(from Strangled Vol 2 number 38)
yes spot on that's it 50 odd made,this guy's talking about a copy that was given to him i think by Sid Wilcox,it's good disco alternative but dosen't touch the original in the night version for me which i still think was probably one of their best ever songs recorded without Hugh for me and being the one track i wished had previously be done with Hugh on guitar as an MK1 song it's still such a amazing song that i never get tired of...anyway sorry for going off this thread.
painter in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by painter in black »

As far as I could read, it's a interesting book!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Did you discover anything new?

Jim
painter in black wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 13:15 As far as I could read, it's a interesting book!
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
painter in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

A photo of JJ when he was a kid, Already known but he admits that he wanted to quit around the time of "Written in red", and he took some revenge, with writing (most of)"coup de grace", (at least as I could read/understand, as my French isn't very good.
painter in black
VERSATRAN SERIES F

A photo of JJ when he was a kid, Already known but he admits that he wanted to quit around the time of "Written in red", and he took some revenge/ teased (is more correct), with writing (most of)"coup de grace", (at least as I could read/understand, as my French isn't very good.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

painter in black wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 20:15 A photo of JJ when he was a kid, Already known but he admits that he wanted to quit around the time of "Written in red", and he took some revenge/ teased (is more correct), with writing (most of)"coup de grace", (at least as I could read/understand, as my French isn't very good.
I only wished that they hadn't bothered with Coup at all sorry.... but there was nothing wrong with WIR which is far better than Coup for me ever was and Paul was bloody excellent on that album that had some great songs to it's name except a poor cover version.To me WIR is far to underated as an album with the days of Paul and John they both done very well with the material they did produce on that one, i know i maybe might be in the minority here but re listen again to the album i'd say there were 6 very good songs out of the 11 with Valley of the birds,In heaven she walks,Silver into blue,Blue sky,Here,Joy Da viva all excellent tracks....sorry a bit off thread here but i've also just heard a live mk1 sewer version on youtube that's just blown me away...Down in the sewer chicago '87 where Hugh was on fire shouting....Chicago do you know why? nothing ever will ever touch what MK1 had sorry but that version has blown me away if you haven't heard it before take a listen to it on youtube and understand why this band can never be the same again post Hugh,even thought their great in their own right still.
Anyway back on thread.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 Jun 2022, 18:54
painter in black wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 20:15 A photo of JJ when he was a kid, Already known but he admits that he wanted to quit around the time of "Written in red", and he took some revenge/ teased (is more correct), with writing (most of)"coup de grace", (at least as I could read/understand, as my French isn't very good.
I only wished that they hadn't bothered with Coup at all sorry.... but there was nothing wrong with WIR which is far better than Coup for me ever was and Paul was bloody excellent on that album that had some great songs to it's name except a poor cover version.To me WIR is far to underated as an album with the days of Paul and John they both done very well with the material they did produce on that one, i know i maybe might be in the minority here but re listen again to the album i'd say there were 6 very good songs out of the 11 with Valley of the birds,In heaven she walks,Silver into blue,Blue sky,Here,Joy Da viva all excellent tracks....sorry a bit off thread here but i've also just heard a live mk1 sewer version on youtube that's just blown me away...Down in the sewer chicago '87 where Hugh was on fire shouting....Chicago do you know why? nothing ever will ever touch what MK1 had sorry but that version has blown me away if you haven't heard it before take a listen to it on youtube and understand why this band can never be the same again post Hugh,even thought their great in their own right still.
Anyway back on thread.
Yes the gig was issued by SIS on a tape, Robert Williams on drums as Jet has shingles I believe? They are on fire with that gig.Lt Kudu .