Strangler in the light

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

marky
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Strangler in the light

Post by marky »

Does anyone hear anything regarding Jet publishing something or has that ship sailed now?
firebirdV8
Rats Rally

Post by firebirdV8 »

evonx wrote: 03 May 2022, 08:54 I would imagine some UK publisher might be interested to get this translated and published but perhaps they are first looking at what it does in the European market. Ordered it but, even do I did French for a year at uni, I fear reading a complete book in French is a bit out of my league nowadays.

Fellow Dutchman Marcel (Firebird on these forums I think) has one of his photos published in this book.
Really happy they asked me to send in some photos, handpicked by the man himself 😃
Fly straight with perfection
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I'm a bit confused,surely the Stranglers have a bigger fan base than France,so l think they should publish an English version? confused in Wiltshire.Chapeau.
Last edited by Greatkudu on 04 May 2022, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

so l they should publish an English version
"they" would have to find a publisher that sees a market to get this translated, printed and marketed - I'm sure that market is there but how many copies would they sell? There's a couple of publishers with a good music list and a couple of specialized publishers. Perhaps the writer and his agent are working on this as we speak?

And do not underestimate how big the band is in France (Feline for example did better there than in the UK if I am not misinformed.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

evonx wrote: 03 May 2022, 22:14 And do not underestimate how big the band is in France (Feline for example did better there than in the UK if I am not misinformed.
There does seem to be a lot of interest in terms of these various TV / radio broadcasts, though I'm not sure how big a station like FNAC is in the French market.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 03 May 2022, 22:14
"they" would have to find a publisher that sees a market to get this translated, printed and marketed - I'm sure that market is there but how many copies would they sell? There's a couple of publishers with a good music list and a couple of specialized publishers. Perhaps the writer and his agent are working on this as we speak?

And do not underestimate how big the band is in France (Feline for example did better there than in the UK if I am not misinformed.
Yes I can't write English :smt005 I know they were huge in France around Feline era,and France and Belgium possibly the second biggest fan base after UK? Lt Kudu.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

a station like FNAC
do they have a station? I know them as a chain of megastores (computers, books, games, music, phones) in France and Belgium :?
--eric--
and there i came
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

evonx wrote: 04 May 2022, 15:40 do they have a station? I know them as a chain of megastores (computers, books, games, music, phones) in France and Belgium :?
Maybe you're correct - I don't know. I just recall seeing some performances with that name alongside them, and presumed they were some kind of broadcaster.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Euro Tour
FEB 97

6 Poitiers (France) Confort Moder
7 Concarneau MUC Centre des arts & culture
8 Plouesnant Le Christal Plouenan
9 Callac Le Bacardi
11 Paris Divan du Monde (FNAC promotional also)
12 Toulouse Le Yellow
13 Monpelier Theatre
14 St. Etienne L'Inside (FNAC promotional also)

The FNACs mentioned are acoustic Instore Appearances.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 03 May 2022, 22:14

Very good point you have asked here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I wonder if we will get an English version of this?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I wonder if we will get an English version of this?
I trust some UK publisher will pick this up to translate and publish if it's a bit successful
--eric--
and there i came