Baz Warne playing Stockton-on-Tees 14th January 2023

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Baz Warne playing Stockton-on-Tees 14th January 2023

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 22:12
toilerinblack wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 21:03
Greatkudu wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 20:48

True but as he is in the Stranglers, he has the right to play Stranglers songs, I have seen him quite a few times acoustic and he's very good. Lt Kudu.
It's good you have seen him i haven't but if i did i know i'd enjoy his acoustic stuff his vocals seems to raise up a gear singing different styled songs along with some beautiful guitar playing for sure,like you say he has the right to sing whatever he wants he's in the Stranglers,but i'd like him to stick in stuff like relentless than a Hugh sung or written song with his own solo material i can get that and understand that from fans,he does like to cover Walk On By and Strange Little Girl in the past and it will be intresting to see just what the solo set list will consist of when he does gig,maybe he might do something from DM who knows.....but Relentless has to be a must for me.
Baz used to play in my hometown of Salisbury quite a bit when he used to live in Frome, a more friendly down to earth chap you wouldn't find, he does great banter to, it makes me laugh that some places he plays dont like he his swearing 🤬? Really are people that easily offended, I'm offended my racism, violence against women and the barbaric bastards who are committing war crimes in Ukraine, when I worked for the Army, even the C word was used, I find Baz very funny when he swears, JJ uses the F word still as does Hugh sometimes, but some people must lead very sheltered lives, I remember a few years ago ago a social worker being offended as I said I was pissed off, she said your using offensive language, I should of said narr Arff. Lt Cmdr Kudu, I want to be the new Bond. :smt005
Yes some get offended by swearing and yeah he can banter well,the thing is he gets knocked here and there and some think he's a poor tribute act which is fine it's peoples right to say what they think and how they feel when maybe he sings the MK1 material i get that but post'90 they are a band writing new material way away from anything like what Hugh ever did with the band and for decades now they have been doing their own thing so Baz should be merited on post '90 material having been in the band now longer than Hugh was,so i have more than appreciated his imput as a guitarist and as a vocalist who is nothing like Hugh on both fronts hes a completely different styled guitar player to Hugh and i wish he just got his credit for what he has done for over two decades with this band that's all i'm saying and not comparing him to a former frontman who hasn't been in the band for over 32 years now,judge him on today's material and playing which i think is very good indeed,but as usual each to their own on the forum.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
Yanders wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 19:48
Nothing at all wrong with the Stranglers frontman as a musician or the poster
Especially if he sticks to strangler songs he's written. Otherwise it's a bit cheeky.
He has the permission to sing what he wants. Lt Kudu.
Anyone can sing any other bands songs you just fill in the PRS form

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

I think we are all missing the point - which is that as the band itself starts winding down and ceases performing or recording, Baz needs to start forging a new career for himself, and the branding and marketing on this poster indicates the direction he is likely to take - best of luck to him!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

:smt013
Palais81 wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 22:36 Brooke Bond?
Very funny :smt013
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

cassini wrote:I think we are all missing the point - which is that as the band itself starts winding down and ceases performing or recording, Baz needs to start forging a new career for himself, and the branding and marketing on this poster indicates the direction he is likely to take - best of luck to him!
I did think the same. I guess he could earn a fairly decent income doing this

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Baz will always have an income, he wants to get into production, obviously the Stranglers are now in the final phase,last full tour, but when they do finally call it a day, the fact he was a Strangler will always get him openings. I wish him all the best, I think the Stranglers have about 2 more years and they will finally finish, there is nothing left to achieve now, they have gone out with a really good album, so that's it. Lt Kudu.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Greatkudu wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 10:52 I think the Stranglers have about 2 more years and they will finally finish, there is nothing left to achieve now, they have gone out with a really good album, so that's it. Lt Kudu.
I reckon they're gonna pull out another one before the curtain closes. It seems a lot of effort has been put into getting JJ & Baz home studios.
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

markorbit wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 11:39
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 10:52 I think the Stranglers have about 2 more years and they will finally finish, there is nothing left to achieve now, they have gone out with a really good album, so that's it. Lt Kudu.
I reckon they're gonna pull out another one before the curtain closes. It seems a lot of effort has been put into getting JJ & Baz home studios.
I think there's definitely a good chance of another album as well.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Maybe? I'm not sure? Will have to wait and see. Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just 9 years to wait.

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 14:46
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 15:13 Just 9 years to wait.

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 14:46

No I reckon only 8!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

jason wrote:
I think there's definitely a good chance of another album as well.
And another proper tour to promote it, bring it on!
I Hate You !