Baz Warne playing Stockton-on-Tees 14th January 2023

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Baz Warne playing Stockton-on-Tees 14th January 2023

Post by toilerinblack »

Nothing at all wrong with the Stranglers frontman as a musician or the poster ...i don't suppose he give's a toss at the pops with his talent,fame & money.He's been the best thing for sure lifting this band as guitarist and vocalist post '90 for me and that for me isn't even in question on that, any doubters take an open minded listen to Ground Control Paris gig where he,JJ,Toby & Jim are all playing together on another level with their combined talent,tightness and sheer bloody energy from each one of them...Long Live the current Stranglers!
I say to this current line up cannot give or improve any more than you are and you basically have nothing to left to prove or impress to anybody nowday's as you've done it all along with your 2019 award that says it all..well done and thanks from those who do still appreciate the current Stranglers!
Last edited by toilerinblack on 08 Apr 2022, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Palais81 wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 16:13 You try not gurning when singing Nelly the Elephant!
Fair point :smt005
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Nothing at all wrong with the Stranglers frontman as a musician or the poster
Especially if he sticks to strangler songs he's written. Otherwise it's a bit cheeky.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 19:48
Especially if he sticks to strangler songs he's written. Otherwise it's a bit cheeky.
He has the permission to sing what he wants. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I find it so amusing that there is such a discussion about a promo poster, stating the obvious.As for Gurning, I think they have an annual event in Cumbria, I believe they also do bog snorkeling, must be something in the Water in Cumbria? Lt Cdr Kudu. :smt005
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 19:57

Anyone of us can set up a gig and sing whatever we want. We don't need anyones permission.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 20:39

Anyone of us can set up a gig and sing whatever we want. We don't need anyones permission.
True but as he is in the Stranglers, he has the right to play Stranglers songs, I have seen him quite a few times acoustic and he's very good. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well i kind of understand as being the MK1 fan that i am i find any post vocalist hard singing a Hugh sung song always have and always will do but whoever is their frontman post Hugh cannot do what he did end of for me.As it's a Baz solo gig along with his own material he should sing maybe the ones he wrote like sticking in Relentless for sure probably his best written stranglers song to date for me anyway.
But yes it would be good for the fans to go along and support him being the Stranglers front man for over 20 odd years and apart from anything he gives a good gig and night out,but i can understand it's not every fan's cup of tea.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 20:48

True but as he is in the Stranglers, he has the right to play Stranglers songs, I have seen him quite a few times acoustic and he's very good. Lt Kudu.
It's good you have seen him i haven't but if i did i know i'd enjoy his acoustic stuff his vocals seems to raise up a gear singing different styled songs along with some beautiful guitar playing for sure,like you say he has the right to sing whatever he wants he's in the Stranglers,but i'd like him to stick in stuff like relentless than a Hugh sung or written song with his own solo material i can get that and understand that from fans,he does like to cover Walk On By and Strange Little Girl in the past and it will be intresting to see just what the solo set list will consist of when he does gig,maybe he might do something from DM who knows.....but Relentless has to be a must for me.
mabus

Post by mabus »

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 21:03
Greatkudu wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 20:48

It's good you have seen him i haven't but if i did i know i'd enjoy his acoustic stuff his vocals seems to raise up a gear singing different styled songs along with some beautiful guitar playing for sure,like you say he has the right to sing whatever he wants he's in the Stranglers,but i'd like him to stick in stuff like relentless than a Hugh sung or written song with his own solo material i can get that and understand that from fans,he does like to cover Walk On By and Strange Little Girl in the past and it will be intresting to see just what the solo set list will consist of when he does gig,maybe he might do something from DM who knows.....but Relentless has to be a must for me.
Baz used to play in my hometown of Salisbury quite a bit when he used to live in Frome, a more friendly down to earth chap you wouldn't find, he does great banter to, it makes me laugh that some places he plays dont like he his swearing 🤬? Really are people that easily offended, I'm offended my racism, violence against women and the barbaric bastards who are committing war crimes in Ukraine, when I worked for the Army, even the C word was used, I find Baz very funny when he swears, JJ uses the F word still as does Hugh sometimes, but some people must lead very sheltered lives, I remember a few years ago ago a social worker being offended as I said I was pissed off, she said your using offensive language, I should of said narr Arff. Lt Cmdr Kudu, I want to be the new Bond. :smt005
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Brooke Bond?