New Rat Chat out

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

New Rat Chat out

Post by droopsnoot »

There's a new Rat Chat out, Baz and JJ talk about the tour and JJ testing positive for Covid.

For those with FB: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=sea ... (official)

I haven't seen a direct Youtube link.

Not quite sure what that bottle is on the shelf behind Baz, is that new merchandise I see?

370 ideas now.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Rattus2411
SHAKESPEARO

Re: New Rat Chat out

Post by Rattus2411 »

droopsnoot wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 20:11 I haven't seen a direct Youtube link.
YouTube link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vGlQffYfYc
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

Thanks for this link
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

"It's a nonsensical argument that it's not the same, of course it's not the same and nor do we want it to be the same."
Oh? That's okay, then. Just put a group of any old swinging dicks onstage and call them The Stranglers, then. I mean, that's all well and good if you want to spunk your credibility up the wall. That's essentially saying "it doesn't matter who is in the band" ... err, it DOES matter actually.
"Of course, if you have the same personnel then it may all end up the same."
What? You mean the thing that makes it The Stranglers? Now, that IS nonsensical.
"We've had more footfall on this tour than any other tour."
Ooh, I think we need a fact check on this one like media outlets do whenever Boris Johnson spouts some nonsense in parliament. Any footfall on this tour had nothing to do with the new line-up and more to do with the fact that it was billed as The Final Full UK Tour, the "tribute to Dave" element and because of the gap between tours due to COVID.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

And you didn't mention the 270 ideas Stan!

I thought the interview was alright to be fair

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 23:18
"It's a nonsensical argument that it's not the same, of course it's not the same and nor do we want it to be the same."
Oh? That's okay, then. Just put a group of any old swinging dicks onstage and call them The Stranglers, then. I mean, that's all well and good if you want to spunk your credibility up the wall. That's essentially saying "it doesn't matter who is in the band" ... err, it DOES matter actually.
What? You mean the thing that makes it The Stranglers? Now, that IS nonsensical.
Ooh, I think we need a fact check on this one like media outlets do whenever Boris Johnson spouts some nonsense in parliament. Any footfall on this tour had nothing to do with the new line-up and more to do with the fact that it was billed as The Final Full UK Tour, the "tribute to Dave" element and because of the gap between tours due to COVID.
Who are you replying to ?
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 23:27 And you didn't mention the 270 ideas Stan!
Wasn't it 370 ideas? The only reason I didn't mention it is probably because it was the sort of thing that was parroted so often interviews in between Giants and Dark Matters that whenever I hear it now I just don't think anything of it ... I mean, even on Dark Matters they were cobbling stuff together at the last second, e.g. "The Lines" ...

Having said that, if JJ is recording at home then perhaps it'd be a good time to do a solo record.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

https://thestranglers.co.uk/bazs-full-f ... our-diary/

Here's the blog that Baz was referring to in the video. It's completely worth reading it to witness him complaining about venues that he's been playing year after year that he wouldn't have had a chance in hell of filling if not for The Stranglers' name.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Ruby wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 23:31
StanInBlack wrote: 21 Mar 2022, 23:18
Who are you replying to ?
Stan's inner conversations. They must be brilliant!!!

(he was replying to comments from the ratchat I believe)
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

jetblacksdad wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 10:33

It was a rhetorical question. :wink:
I mean he actually took the time to type out comments from a video and place them into quotation brackets on here, broken down individually,as if posted by JJ himself! This from someone who allegedly has no interest in the current line up.Bizarre.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think Stan's frustrations are that he believes they could/should be a great band and in his eyes they aren't.

Jim
Ruby wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 10:48

I mean he actually took the time to type out comments from a video and place them into quotation brackets on here, broken down individually,as if posted by JJ himself! This from someone who allegedly has no interest in the current line up.Bizarre.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

theraven1979 wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 11:00 I think Stan's frustrations are that he believes they could/should be a great band and in his eyes they aren't.

Jim
Ruby wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 10:48

First world problems, innit.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...