Jim Mac changing the bass drum parts on old songs

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Jim Mac changing the bass drum parts on old songs

Post by theraven1979 »

I stopped wearing leather jackets in about 1992.

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 16:36
theraven1979 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 12:06 haha they should sell "Proper Stranglers" outifts as tour merchandise. Dark shades, leather jacket, black jeans (turn ups of course!). "Do you wanna be in the Stranglers? Yeah? Well now you can buy the 'proper stranglers' outfit" :lol:

Jim

StanInBlack wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 22:42

He looks the same as he's ever done and nothing at all like Jet. I've noticed Toby has lost the hat and started wearing a leather jacket now, which I suppose is grounds for some to call him a "proper Strangler", whatever that means :roll:
Well whether anyone is a Stranglers fan or not, everyman should have a black leather jacket in their wardrobe IMHO, I have 6 black ones and a brown one just to even things up, it becomes part of your body with age, the more you wear it the better it looks, especially if you have an American Schott Perfecto which was the first proper Motorcycle Jacket, Marlon Brando wore a Schott in the iconic film the Wild One, I wonder why JJ has stopped wearing one, and also why Hugh doesn't wear a Leather Jacket anymore? You are never to old and I'm 84 :smt005 Lt Leather Boy Kudu.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 12:06 haha they should sell "Proper Stranglers" outifts as tour merchandise. Dark shades, leather jacket, black jeans (turn ups of course!). "Do you wanna be in the Stranglers? Yeah? Well now you can buy the 'proper stranglers' outfit" :lol:

Jim

StanInBlack wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 22:42

He looks the same as he's ever done and nothing at all like Jet. I've noticed Toby has lost the hat and started wearing a leather jacket now, which I suppose is grounds for some to call him a "proper Strangler", whatever that means :roll:
Well whether anyone is a Stranglers fan or not, everyman should have a black leather jacket in their wardrobe IMHO, I have 6 black ones and a brown one just to even things up, it becomes part of your body with age, the more you wear it the better it looks, especially if you have an American Schott Perfecto which was the first proper Motorcycle Jacket, Marlon Brando wore a Schott in the iconic film the Wild One, I wonder why JJ has stopped wearing one, and also why Hugh doesn't wear a Leather Jacket anymore? You are never to old and I'm 84 :smt005 Lt Leather Boy Kudu.
but how many actually still fit you after all these years lol you've a few more than me nowday's but yes i could never imagine not having a black leather jacket that all started for me from way back when at my secondary school in London where me and my mates would buy our black leather jackets with the little money we did have back then from the old cockney petticoat lane market leather stalls..those where the days where you could pick up a leather jacket for about a pony(£25).We'd wear them to bits thinking we were it in ours lol and to the gigs where i had the massive stranglers logo painted on in white across the shoulders on the back around 79-82 blimey seems a life time ago nowday's lol but was made the best times for me anyway by this band and nothing has ever come close to that again,life wouldn't be the same without your black leather jacket i still like a brown or tan one but nothing touches a black one for me anyway....
Long Live The Black Leather Jacket!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 18:10

Jim

but how many actually still fit you after all these years lol you've a few more than me nowday's but yes i could never imagine not having a black leather jacket that all started for me from way back when at my secondary school in London where me and my mates would buy our black leather jackets with the little money we did have back then from the old cockney petticoat lane market leather stalls..those where the days where you could pick up a leather jacket for about a pony(£25).We'd wear them to bits thinking we were it in ours lol and to the gigs where i had the massive stranglers logo painted on in white across the shoulders on the back around 79-82 blimey seems a life time ago nowday's lol but was made the best times for me anyway by this band and nothing has ever come close to that again,life wouldn't be the same without your black leather jacket i still like a brown or tan one but nothing touches a black one for me anyway....
Sir all of them fit as I keep fit and luckily burn fat, my first one was 1981,a leather bikers Jacket, I wore it to school and when I got on the bus the whole bus applauded, a whole group of us had the same Jacket, we all thought we looked ard, and 😎 cool, I wore it all the time and got in to trouble for wearing a Scarf with it covered in Stranglers badges, the art teacher told me to remove the Badges I refused so had to see the head of year after school, I nearly missed the bus, I was a rebel back then and still am. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 19:42

Sir all of them fit as I keep fit and luckily burn fat, my first one was 1981,a leather bikers Jacket, I wore it to school and when I got on the bus the whole bus applauded, a whole group of us had the same Jacket, we all thought we looked ard, and 😎 cool, I wore it all the time and got in to trouble for wearing a Scarf with it covered in Stranglers badges, the art teacher told me to remove the Badges I refused so had to see the head of year after school, I nearly missed the bus, I was a rebel back then and still am. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Great stories there you have reminded me also about the badges i had the same problem to i think i was in my fifth and last school year where i was already seeing the stranglers live and remember telling my mates all about the gig sitting at the back and always getting into trouble talking about gigs where my mate was always telling me about his Numan Tubeway Army gigs he had gone to too so we was always at the back talking non stop about you should listen to this track and that track.Badges i was told to remove the three that i had pinned on my blazer which i'm sure one was a square Heroes sleeve cover,the Rattus back sleeve cover of the rat and the sun and the stranglers logo written in black and white all in beautiful enamel i also was sent to the head where i was told not to return to school again wearing them or i would be sent home if i remember rightly,school was strict back in those days it's all different nowday's.
That's how long this band has been in our lives when you reflect back as we are talking stranglers stories from our school days and yet still talking about the current stranglers at our age now on Jim's site in 2022 that's just nuts!,i could never ever of imagined that if i was told that as a teenager back at school that i would still be into them and talking about their new album release called DM in 2022 i would of thought you was having a laugh....
Last edited by toilerinblack on 11 Mar 2022, 21:48, edited 3 times in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 20:01
Great stories there you have reminded me also about the badges i had the same problem to i think i was in my fifth and last school year where i was already seeing the stranglers live and remember telling my mates all about the gig sitting at the back and always getting into trouble talking about gigs where my mate was always telling me about his Numan Tubeway Army gigs he had gone too to so we was always non stop talking about you should listen to this track and that track.Badges i was told to remove the three that i had pinned on my blazer which i'm sure one was a square Heroes sleeve cover,the Rattus back sleeve cover of the rat and the sun and the stranglers logo written in black and white all in beautiful enamel i refused too and was sent to the head where i was told not to return to school again wearing them or i would be sent home if i remember rightly,school was strict back in those days it's all different nowday's.
That's how long this band has been in our lives here we are talking stranglers stories from our school days and here we are today still talking stranglers at our age now on Jim's site in 2022 just mind blowing,i could never ever of imagined that if i was told that as a teenager back at school that i would still be into them and talking about their new album release called DM in 2022. i would of thought your having a laugh........blows your mind lol
Yes and we had chalk thrown at us, blackboard rubbers thrown at us by Teacher, and my first day a psychotic Teacher beat up a kid for calling out to loud after he asked for a volunteer to help him with a task, the Teacher was sacked from another school for hanging a kid out of a window by his ears, but the truth was it was by his legs, he was a Pyscho, shall not name him to protect his identity. Those were the days old boy. Lt Kudu. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
Greatkudu wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 16:36 Well whether anyone is a Stranglers fan or not, everyman should have a black leather jacket in their wardrobe IMHO, I have 6 black ones and a brown one just to even things up, it becomes part of your body with age, the more you wear it the better it looks, especially if you have an American Schott Perfecto which was the first proper Motorcycle Jacket, Marlon Brando wore a Schott in the iconic film the Wild One, I wonder why JJ has stopped wearing one, and also why Hugh doesn't wear a Leather Jacket anymore? You are never to old and I'm 84 :smt005 Lt Leather Boy Kudu.
Sir all of them fit as I keep fit and luckily burn fat, my first one was 1981,a leather bikers Jacket, I wore it to school and when I got on the bus the whole bus applauded, a whole group of us had the same Jacket, we all thought we looked ard, and Image cool, I wore it all the time and got in to trouble for wearing a Scarf with it covered in Stranglers badges, the art teacher told me to remove the Badges I refused so had to see the head of year after school, I nearly missed the bus, I was a rebel back then and still am. Lt Kudu. :smt005
If you still fit in a jacket you wore when you were at school then you should see a doctor immediately. I'm not joking.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well you ain't wrong with me because i can't fit in most of my great early stranglers t shirts even though i've a few left for keeps sake lol old leather jackets gone with the ark.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 20:48
toilerinblack wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 20:01

Great stories there you have reminded me also about the badges i had the same problem to i think i was in my fifth and last school year where i was already seeing the stranglers live and remember telling my mates all about the gig sitting at the back and always getting into trouble talking about gigs where my mate was always telling me about his Numan Tubeway Army gigs he had gone too to so we was always non stop talking about you should listen to this track and that track.Badges i was told to remove the three that i had pinned on my blazer which i'm sure one was a square Heroes sleeve cover,the Rattus back sleeve cover of the rat and the sun and the stranglers logo written in black and white all in beautiful enamel i refused too and was sent to the head where i was told not to return to school again wearing them or i would be sent home if i remember rightly,school was strict back in those days it's all different nowday's.
That's how long this band has been in our lives here we are talking stranglers stories from our school days and here we are today still talking stranglers at our age now on Jim's site in 2022 just mind blowing,i could never ever of imagined that if i was told that as a teenager back at school that i would still be into them and talking about their new album release called DM in 2022. i would of thought your having a laugh........blows your mind lol
Yes and we had chalk thrown at us, blackboard rubbers thrown at us by Teacher, and my first day a psychotic Teacher beat up a kid for calling out to loud after he asked for a volunteer to help him with a task, the Teacher was sacked from another school for hanging a kid out of a window by his ears, but the truth was it was by his legs, he was a Pyscho, shall not name him to protect his identity. Those were the days old boy. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Oh no not the old rubber and chalk throwing act you've reminded me of that blimey i haven't thought about that one since i left school,how many times did they get thrown out at speed at someone...
The Good Old Days!
Last edited by toilerinblack on 12 Mar 2022, 03:04, edited 2 times in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 21:25
Greatkudu wrote:
Sir all of them fit as I keep fit and luckily burn fat, my first one was 1981,a leather bikers Jacket, I wore it to school and when I got on the bus the whole bus applauded, a whole group of us had the same Jacket, we all thought we looked ard, and Image cool, I wore it all the time and got in to trouble for wearing a Scarf with it covered in Stranglers badges, the art teacher told me to remove the Badges I refused so had to see the head of year after school, I nearly missed the bus, I was a rebel back then and still am. Lt Kudu. :smt005
If you still fit in a jacket you wore when you were at school then you should see a doctor immediately. I'm not joking.

Jim

Oh no that Jacket has long gone, I'm talking about Jackets bought after 2000.Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Hehehehe the "proper Stranglers starter pack" :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 12:06 haha they should sell "Proper Stranglers" outifts as tour merchandise. Dark shades, leather jacket, black jeans (turn ups of course!). "Do you wanna be in the Stranglers? Yeah? Well now you can buy the 'proper stranglers' outfit" Image
Hehehehe the "proper Stranglers starter pack" Image
Hehe yeah!

Jim

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 21:51
theraven1979 wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 21:25
Greatkudu wrote:

Jim

Oh no that Jacket has long gone, I'm talking about Jackets bought after 2000.Lt Kudu.
Oh gotcha lol..they say one man and his dog it should be one man and his leather jacket....always a must!