Reading the review the final full UK Tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Reading the review the final full UK Tour?

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 22:45
StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Awww man that's a great idea. They could have the original members as holograms like Abba
I'd go and see it just for the spectacle of it Image
Would you call it "the Stranglers"?
Well, it technically wouldn't be would it? Having said that, I'd rather see MKI in hologram form over the current JJ Burnel & Friends line-up, if I HAD to make a choice between the two. Just simply for the WTF spectacle of seeing MKI in hologram form (which'll never happen) ...
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

i'd still see this current band live than any hologram everyday of the week who ever it is...Live Act Live Music Lives!
Last edited by toilerinblack on 28 Feb 2022, 19:39, edited 5 times in total.
jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jonimac »

I am very much looking forward to seeing the abba-tars of Agentha and Frida in London later this year. Not so, Benny and Bjorn!
All done by industrial light and magic.

Live band backing them
And apparently a completely immersive media and light show.

Although I am very clear Im not actually seeing the band live, I am dying to see what 21st century technology can do for a gig experience, if there is no chance of getting the original band.
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jonimac wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 18:08 I am very much looking forward to seeing the abba-tars of Agentha and Frida in London later this year. Not so, Benny and Bjorn!

Live band backing them

Although I am very clear Im not actually seeing the band live, I am dying to see what 21st century technology can do for a gig experience, if there is no chance of getting the original band.
Abba have taken video technology to another level it's quite incredible and yes what your talking about later this year in London... is just mind blowing.
I think if people like or loathe ABBA you have to take your hat off to their music and their incredible record and again they are leading the way.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Nothing wrong with ABBA apart from all the hits like super trouper etc they’ve done a cracking cover of tank and also all roads lead to Rome
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Don’t forget (Drum Roll)
All original members!!!!!!!
For those who like that kinda thing.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jonimac wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 18:08 I am very much looking forward to seeing the abba-tars of Agentha and Frida in London later this year. Not so, Benny and Bjorn!

Live band backing them

It's simply mind blowing.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 20:12

Live band backing them

Sir I really think ABBA should just forget it, but people will go to see Holograms. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 13:57
toilerinblack wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 20:12

Live band backing them

Sir I really think ABBA should just forget it, but people will go to see Holograms. Lt Kudu.
Agreed i wouldn't either but i do still take my hat off to some of the new material they have done again after 40 years fair play and the vid tech is clever but i wouldn't go to see a hologram but saying that the many ABBA fans out there that maybe never ever got to see them back in the day this maybe as close as they will ever get ,the same goes fro those who went to the Elvis holo shows with his actual band on stage if i remember right again where he never came to this country it will be as close as they will get too to ever seeing the great man for real,so for some it's a real good night that works for them coming close to seeing the idols that they will never get to see for real.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

toilerinblack wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 00:20 Agreed i wouldn't either but i do still take my hat off to some of the new material they have done again after 40 years fair play and the vid tech is clever but i wouldn't go to see a hologram but saying that the many ABBA fans out there that maybe never ever got to see them back in the day this maybe as close as they will ever get ,the same goes fro those who went to the Elvis holo shows with his actual band on stage if i remember right again where he never came to this country it will be as close as they will get too to ever seeing the great man for real,so for some it's a real good night that works for them coming close to seeing the idols that they will never get to see for real.
I would be very interested to how it all looks as a show. I've always loved ABBA anyway. I've tried to figure out some of Benny's compositional tricks a few times. Plus there's always Agnetha... they were great. I don't think the recent album is really their best but what a comeback :lol:
Let's Boogie