Reading the review the final full UK Tour?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Reading the review the final full UK Tour?

Post by StanInBlack »

I suspect it's not difficult to have an improved sound when you have a pre-recorded backing track (with the levels already finely balanced) running through a PA system :smile:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Skindeep81 wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 18:24 The last time I saw the band with Dave I thought the keyboards were so over baring (not his fault at all may I add) is the improved sound down to a new front of house sound guy does anyone know? I noticed a few of the crew setting up the equipment didn't look familiar.
I saw some new Faces, but Louie the fifth Beatle still does the overall sound. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 19:02 I suspect it's not difficult to have an improved sound when you have a pre-recorded backing track (with the levels already finely balanced) running through a PA system :smile:
Ah yes I did wonder, of course they were miming, thanks for enlighting us,that explains it all. Your like the person who tells kids Santa Claus doesn't exist and we all know he does. Lt Kudu. :smt005 irony irony it's all irony and a one song table moon River etc. Lumpen drumming and JJ faking his Shidokan High Kicks. In fact the whole band was a hologram, it's all clear now. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 19:02 I suspect it's not difficult to have an improved sound when you have a pre-recorded backing track (with the levels already finely balanced) running through a PA system Image
Ah yes I did wonder, of course they were miming, thanks for enlighting us,that explains it all. Your like the person who tells kids Santa Claus doesn't exist and we all know he does. Lt Kudu. :smt005 irony irony it's all irony and a one song table moon River etc. Lumpen drumming and JJ faking his Shidokan High Kicks. In fact the whole band was a hologram, it's all clear now. :smt005
Awww man that's a great idea. They could have the original members as holograms like Abba

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 20:21
Greatkudu wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 19:02 I suspect it's not difficult to have an improved sound when you have a pre-recorded backing track (with the levels already finely balanced) running through a PA system Image
Awww man that's a great idea. They could have the original members as holograms like Abba

Jim

Dio did the hologram tour first. It's weird but worth checking out on YouTube for bizarreness. I don't think Ronnie had a say in it mind you!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 11:01 I think it sums up the entire theme of the band recently. So what if they're using a lot of backing tracks, so what if theres only 1 original member in the band. So what if 75% of the setlist is Hugh MK1 songs. It was clear at the start that this tour was always gonna be a greatest hits/tribute tour. I think it's fair to say the majority of people that attended the tour have enjoyed it and fair play. As The Jam would say "That's Entertainment".

Me? I'm happy saving my hard earned and retaining the last memories of the band with Dave.

Jim

I think you have said it pretty much as i see it too,we all know what type of tour it was going to be like you have said Hits/Tribute which those who have gone seemed to have enjoyed themselves and fair play and full credit to the band for being so good on this tour too,they have i feel with many more who have gone to the gigs more than done Dave proud,i also have hung up my gigging boots after Dave too but i am pleased for the fans who have attended and enjoyed it with also full praise to the band for such a great tour under such sad circumstances.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote:Awww man that's a great idea. They could have the original members as holograms like Abba
I'd go and see it just for the spectacle of it :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Awww man that's a great idea. They could have the original members as holograms like Abba
I'd go and see it just for the spectacle of it Image
Would you call it "the Stranglers"?

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

You’d still slag it off
Even if you might enjoy it a teeny tiny bit.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Halifax Linda wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 23:18 You’d still slag it off
Even if you might enjoy it a teeny tiny bit.
The question is would Stan still think it's Hugh if he toured using a Hologram?and frankly who cares, this tour has given people so much enjoyment a class band playing class music. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

I raise a glass to your comments.
Long live the Stranglers!!!!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Halifax Linda wrote: 27 Feb 2022, 23:32 I raise a glass to your comments.
Long live the Stranglers!!!!
Thanks well they are certainly going to be here for a few more years but no more big tours, what a band after the tragic loss of Dave to play so well and to produce the best album since the Hugh day's IMHO. Lt Kudu.