Setlist sludge

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

shah
The Raven
The Raven

Setlist sludge

Post by shah »

So, looks like the 'we change it every night' that seemed a reasonable call at the start of the tour, has kinda hit some mud? Now it seems to be which 2 of /or 3 in the second encore....
And Guildford saw the demise of 'Baroque Bordello' as a lovely side dish from the obvious.
Oh well.

Wonder what else was in the 40 rehearsed?
Mix it up a bit, come on. Make us wonder....
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Re: Setlist sludge

Post by alaninblack »

shah wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 05:59 Mix it up a bit, come on. Make us wonder....
I have zero chance of seeing the current line up on this tour, but totally agree.
BankMan
Down In The Sewer

Post by BankMan »

shah wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 05:59 So, looks like the 'we change it every night' that seemed a reasonable call at the start of the tour, has kinda hit some mud? Now it seems to be which 2 of /or 3 in the second encore....
And Guildford saw the demise of 'Baroque Bordello' as a lovely side dish from the obvious.
Oh well.

Wonder what else was in the 40 rehearsed?
Mix it up a bit, come on. Make us wonder....
Indeed
Before you know it there’ll be pre- planned, choreographed stage movements on certain songs and backing tapes played over others
……….oh wait ! 😏
daninblack
SHAKESPEARO

Post by daninblack »

Never happy, moan moan moan. They are playing what works, what 90% want to hear, and for the last time. I think all the songs people are "missing" they have done over the years. No doubt if they did some of the rarer mk1 songs, there would be moans about baz singing, about Toby's playing, or the drums aren't the same without Jet. They can't win whatever they do, but in my eyes there has been very little wrong over the years.
daninblack :grin:
Leighton Buzzard
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

daninblack wrote:Never happy, moan moan moan. They are playing what works, what 90% want to hear, and for the last time. I think all the songs people are "missing" they have done over the years. No doubt if they did some of the rarer mk1 songs, there would be moans about baz singing, about Toby's playing, or the drums aren't the same without Jet. They can't win whatever they do, but in my eyes there has been very little wrong over the years.
No concern of mine but I think the point raised about the setlist is the fact that JJ was pushing this in the interviews leading up to the tour

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
shah
The Raven
The Raven

Post by shah »

Never happy, moan moan moan.

I hear you and I'm glad they are doing it and doing it well. Just making an observation. It's get eye rollingly annoying to hear the 'we change it up every night ' routine . I just wish they would a) mix a few things up b) even mix up the same but in a different order but more so c) do what you preach.
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...go go...
shah shaaah...
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

And also don’t do that cringy walk in nice and sleazy
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I just wish they would play Sewer, but they won't so my Wish is pointless. Lt Kudu on a stick due to fucked back
. Lt Kudu
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

Personally I'm more concerned about what they DO play sounds great and at Sheffield City Hall last night they were fantastic...
Hughie in Black