Reading 2022

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Reading 2022

Post by Greatkudu »

Summer Dreamer wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 18:35 COVID pass now not required for this gig, according to updated venue website:

https://whatsonreading.com/venues/hexag ... stranglers

Capture.JPG
Thanks again I will take my pass just in case,and probably wear my Hannibal Lector titanium mask. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I hope no big fat man or woman punches me in the chest tonight? Or there are no punch ups in crowd? I just hope for a peaceful gig to honour Dave, last few Reading gigs some scuffles broke out, grow up boys or stick to mineral Water, if you can't take your booze drink Tea or Coffee. Lt Kudu with the black clothing at the ready. My review will be with you by Thursday at the latest. It will be rather good as I'm very modest. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don't forget those 5cm leg sweeps Kudu!

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 15:47 I hope no big fat man or woman punches me in the chest tonight? Or there are no punch ups in crowd? I just hope for a peaceful gig to honour Dave, last few Reading gigs some scuffles broke out, grow up boys or stick to mineral Water, if you can't take your booze drink Tea or Coffee. Lt Kudu with the black clothing at the ready. My review will be with you by Thursday at the latest. It will be rather good as I'm very modest. :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 16:14 Don't forget those 5cm leg sweeps Kudu!

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 15:47 I hope no big fat man or woman punches me in the chest tonight? Or there are no punch ups in crowd? I just hope for a peaceful gig to honour Dave, last few Reading gigs some scuffles broke out, grow up boys or stick to mineral Water, if you can't take your booze drink Tea or Coffee. Lt Kudu with the black clothing at the ready. My review will be with you by Thursday at the latest. It will be rather good as I'm very modest. :smt005
Yes Jim I have been practicing, joking aside, I'm really looking forward to my first evening out since 2020.My review will be no later than Thursday, I'm going with an open mind, I don't know how I will feel not seeing Dave, but will judge on its own merits, we all know the situation, Curfew seems to be more relevant than ever with the dire Ukrainian situation, I just hope Putin sees sense. Reading here I come. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Enjoy yourself ..i think you will tonight and look forward to your review when ready.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Apparently the gig was almost stopped as some guy was doing 5cm leg sweeps and screaming "I will do an impartial review"

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Review coming soon. For now I will say Ruts DC were superb as ever, Dave Ruffy coming on with two sticks for walking, vastly overweight but my god Is he master drummer. Stranglers review here by Thursday. Just a teaser Baz told someone to Fuck off. So what's new. Lt Kudu. :smt005
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 02:17 Review coming soon. For now I will say Ruts DC were superb as ever, Dave Ruffy coming on with two sticks for walking, vastly overweight but my god Is he master drummer. Stranglers review here by Thursday. Just a teaser Baz told someone to Fuck off. So what's new. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Was it Staninblack? :lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:09
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 02:17 Review coming soon. For now I will say Ruts DC were superb as ever, Dave Ruffy coming on with two sticks for walking, vastly overweight but my god Is he master drummer. Stranglers review here by Thursday. Just a teaser Baz told someone to Fuck off. So what's new. Lt Kudu. :smt005
It may well of been, the low point was some moron shouting out when JJ was talking about Dave, JJ wasn't impressed, he said something to him, but I need time for my review, I need to put it all together ie sound, set lights, performance, Toby, audience etc. I know your all waiting joking of course but I do enjoy doing reviews. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:38
jason wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:09
It may well of been, the low point was some moron shouting out when JJ was talking about Dave, JJ wasn't impressed, he said something to him, but I need time for my review, I need to put it all together ie sound, set lights, performance, Toby, audience etc. I know your all waiting joking of course but I do enjoy doing reviews. Lt Kudu.
I guess there is always the chance that some idiot would ruin that moment. :?
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

That’s really disrespectful.
We await the review Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Halifax Linda wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 12:08 That’s really disrespectful.
We await the review Kudu.
Thanks yes it was, and some chap behind kept on shouting for Nellie the Elephant, was mildly amusing the first time, in fact Baz heard it and made joke about it,but the moron is who shouted out when JJ was talking about Dave really pissed JJ off, you could see how annoyed he was with him, JJ was very emotional, but I will work on my review but I will say I was blown away by how good they were but I will say more in my review, it will take time for me to get it right, I will post it by Cop Thursday. Lt Kudu. :smt006