Reading 2022

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Reading 2022

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 15:29
toilerinblack wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 14:52
Greatkudu wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 12:17

Thanks Jim. Lt Kudu.
Yes enjoy the gig that i'm sure you will....we await! lol
Sir the pressure is on for a review of high standard, I don't want to disappoint my fans joking of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
No pressure on the report but ready on the desk first thing in the morning will be fine lol or like how this band's old song goes ....detention by the dozen ..no seriously i hope you enjoy it being the true stranglers fan that you are .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 15:42
Greatkudu wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 15:29
toilerinblack wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 14:52
Yes enjoy the gig that i'm sure you will....we await! lol
Sir the pressure is on for a review of high standard, I don't want to disappoint my fans joking of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
No pressure on the report but ready on the desk first thing in the morning will be fine lol or like this band's old song goes ....detention by the dozen ..no seriously i hope you enjoy it being the true stranglers fan that you are .
Thanks Sir I will take the fifty lines of speed metaphorically speaking as the drugs don't work anymore joking of course. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well your be experinacing something for the first time that i never did before with this band and that's Toby,be intresting on your view on ther overall sound because to me it seem's to be sounding extra clear overall and better and especially individually like the keys,maybe there is no change with their sound equipment and and overall PA set up as i wouldn't really know on that side of things as it is hard to tell on only youtube's vids tbh, so it will be intresting from someone like you who will be there hearing and seeing it as it is as i won't really know anymore to be able to judge for myself being that my gig days are done.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 12 Feb 2022, 17:37, edited 2 times in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 16:17 Well your be experinacing something for the first time that i' haven't before with this band and that's Toby,be intresting on your view on ther overall sound because to me it seem's to be sounding extra clear overall and especially individually like the keys,maybe there is no change with their sound equipment and and overall PA set up as i wouldn't really know on that side of things as it is hard to tell on only youtube's vids tbh, so it will be intresting from someone like you who will be there hearing and seeing it as it is as i won't really know anymore being that my gig days are done.
Thanks Sir I will be honest about what I think, and even if I don't think it's good I will be constructive, but I am looking forward to it as its the final full UK tour, my only gripe is no Sewer, so many love that song, but I guess they have reasons for not playing it, and I think it would be good if they dropped ATS as its really been played to death, of course GB has to be played for obvious reasons but overall I think it's a good set, something for Joe public and for the black clad hoards. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 17:36
toilerinblack wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 16:17 Well your be experinacing something for the first time that i' haven't before with this band and that's Toby,be intresting on your view on ther overall sound because to me it seem's to be sounding extra clear overall and especially individually like the keys,maybe there is no change with their sound equipment and and overall PA set up as i wouldn't really know on that side of things as it is hard to tell on only youtube's vids tbh, so it will be intresting from someone like you who will be there hearing and seeing it as it is as i won't really know anymore being that my gig days are done.
Thanks Sir I will be honest about what I think, and even if I don't think it's good I will be constructive, but I am looking forward to it as its the final full UK tour, my only gripe is no Sewer, so many love that song, but I guess they have reasons for not playing it, and I think it would be good if they dropped ATS as its really been played to death, of course GB has to be played for obvious reasons but overall I think it's a good set, something for Joe public and for the black clad hoards. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Yes i agree with ATS & GB too i think many do on here too about those two tracks,i also don't know why they are leaving out Sewer on the final full UK tour but like you say they have their reasons why and tbh they can't play all of the Gems ,but i'm sure we will at some stage see and hear the return of.............Down in the Sewer.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 17:36
Yes we wouldn't want it any other way than an honest review,i think you will experiance a great sounding tight gig for sure...i hope you enjoy it and looking forward to reading your review when you've time to post it.
greyinblack
SHAKESPEARO

Post by greyinblack »

Does anyone know if Reading is usual start time- 9pm for MIB, or is it one of those venues that be pulled things forward by one hour?
Just planning my “pre’s!”
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

The stranglers curse strikes again, at the moment my attendance is in doubt due to two ligaments out in Lower back, can barely stand for 5 minutes at the moment, off to Osteopath tomorrow so it's in the balance, sorry to let you all down with my lack of review If I can't go its a repete of Lille 2019 when I had same problem. Lt Kudu gutted in Salisbury. :cry:
Last edited by Greatkudu on 17 Feb 2022, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Kinda saw this coming tbh with your luck. Oh well rest up man!

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 11:01 The stranglers curse strikes again, at the moment my attendance is in doubt due to two ligaments out in lowet back, can barely stand for 5 minutes at the moment, off to Osteopath tomorrow so it's in the balance, sorry to let you all down with my lack of review If I can't go its a repete of Lille 2019 when I had same problem. Lt Kudu gutted in Salisbury. :cry:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 11:01 The stranglers curse strikes again, at the moment my attendance is in doubt due to two ligaments out in lowet back, can barely stand for 5 minutes at the moment, off to Osteopath tomorrow so it's in the balance, sorry to let you all down with my lack of review If I can't go its a repete of Lille 2019 when I had same problem. Lt Kudu gutted in Salisbury. :cry:
They didn't play that at either of the gigs I've been to, so you should be OK. :grin:
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 11:19 Kinda saw this coming tbh with your luck. Oh well rest up man!

Jim
Thanks Jim I hope the Osteopath can improve but it's in balance at the moment, but it's not quite as bad as Lille 2019.I will go in wheelchair if I have to. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

All systems go for Reading, the Osteopath worked his magic, a rather famous person uses the same one, no its not a Strangler, so all sorted for Reading, I'm so relieved, it will be my first night out since 2020.Lt Kudu. :smt005